GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Provide direction and leadership for the Commercialization process and Commercialization Team, responsible for integrating new product innovation and new product development seamlessly into the organization’s operational footprint, to include the entire portfolio of Fresh Pack, Value-Added and Ready-To-Eat products. Facilitate the sale/operation meeting managing forecasting and the managing the operational and sales efficiencies of the company through the weekly meetings. Further, the position facilitates Co-Manufacturing projects and implementation, as well as ongoing process improvement and product maintenance projects. This position is also responsible for directing, leading and guiding the division’s Operational Optimization efforts, as well as management of its Social Responsibility efforts.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Provide innovative, effective project management/leadership for new products, key business growth and productivity improvement initiatives within all business units.
- Pro-actively coordinate Sales, Innovation, Marketing and Operations to manage supply chain activities as required to insure a smooth and successful implementation related to product innovations and other product/packaging changes.
- Provide direction and leadership for strategic initiatives, identifying and delivering cost effective, proactive, innovative, business solutions across the enterprise.
- Facilitate Social Responsibility program and strategic sustainability initiatives in coordination with DFC.
- Facilitate DFV Operational Optimization program; including leadership for key strategic initiatives.
- Support the Sales Team as the liaison between Customers and Plant, field and logistics groups on specific issues; e.g., quality improvement, customer service initiatives.
- Ensure new item set-up for Dole and customer-specific items is completed accurately and on time.
- Provide timely communication to the Executive team relative to projects, hurdles and progress. Keep operational and supply chain teams apprised of upcoming initiatives and impacts.
- Manage Commercialization Administrative spending within annual budget.
- Help develop audit, training and education tools related to essential functions of this job as it relates to jobs in other operational areas.
- Prepare periodic reports as required to inform, educate, and envision future operational opportunities.
- The incumbent will lead the weekly S&OP Meetings.”
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS)
- 8-10 years’ experience in Sales, Operations/Supply Chain Executive with a major food processing/packaging company, preferably with fresh food products.
- Supervisory and management experience required.
- Strong Leadership: Resilient, Tenacious and Persistent
- Proven Change Management Skills (Change Integration Process)
- Assertive Influencing & Collaboration/Teaming Skills
- Excellent Track Record Of Tangible Improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety programs, quality assurance and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Quality, Food Safety, and/or Financial background desirable.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Internal Relations in this role includes the full scope of the enterprise throughout the entire supply chain to the point of delivery.
- External Relations for this role includes all service providers, product, packaging and/or equipment suppliers providing project deliverables both consumable and capital, peers within the industry, end-users of product innovations, technology partners, etc.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- This position will supervise a team of 1 Commercialization Managers, S&OP Personnel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment. Must be able to work in a cold environment, as needed.
WORK HOUR AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours, weekends and some company holidays as needed.
- Will require extended hours work coverage as needed and given business environment and conditions
- Occasional travel as needed, not anticipated to exceed 10%
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.