The purpose of the Collection Department is to collect on past due mortgage loans that have become delinquent; in a timely manner, per federal and state laws, agency and client guidelines. The collection process is one that is ongoing, until the account is up to date; whether this is through an agreed upon repayment plan, an approved loss mitigation or active foreclosure process is in place.
At Dovenmuehle, the role of The Collection Counselor is to provide counseling to a borrower, while actively pursuing a collection effort. The Collection Counselor makes outbound or takes inbound calls on mortgage accounts that are delinquent; all efforts are documented in the process. Calls are made within the guidelines of FHA, VA, PMI, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, private investors, and federal and state laws. The Collection Department is divided into TEAMS: Inbound Team, 30 Day Team, 60-90 Day Team, Outbound Teams, and Specialty Clients Team.
- Answer inbound calls from or place outbound calls to delinquent borrowers
- Discuss financial status of loans with client borrowers. Review monthly income and expenses to determine reason for non-payment
- Set up repayment plans and/or negotiate payment plans , based on department procedures
- Offer Loss Mitigation to non-paying borrowers
- Demonstrate working knowledge of collection procedure
- Demonstrate working knowledge of federal regulations and collections laws (FDCPA)
- Utilize proper protocol for borrowers, clients and state regulations
- Review foreclosure and Loss Mitigation accounts. Extend relief provisions according to governmental guidelines and agency requirements
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- 2+ years Call Center experience is Preferred
- 2+ years collection experience preferred (experience with a dialer system); Mortgage Collection experience a plus +
- Solid PC skills: Proficient with MS Word and Excel and the ability to learn other software as needed. Knowledge of loan servicing software/systems a plus +
- Strong time management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a demanding, volume and metric driven environment
- Effective communication skills, coupled with excellent negation abilities. The ability to interact with individuals in a positive and professional manner at all times in all levels
- Ability to demonstrate both assertiveness and empathy, simultaneously
Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. provides a complete, private label mortgage subservicing program for commercial banks, thrift institutions, credit unions, mortgage bankers, and state and other housing finance agencies.