DROPLETTE (WWW.DROPLETTE.IO) is revolutionizing drug delivery: we are building a disruptive needle-free platform technology with groundbreaking applications in cosmetics, gene delivery, and healthcare.
We're looking for a seasoned engineering leader that can drive product development for our venture-backed company. Ideally our head of engineering would have a strong product design background and be able to directly contribute to the hardware design of the product, build out a high quality supply chain, and manage the cross functional team tasked with delivering the full product. In this role, you'd work with management to plan the product engineering team's future as we grow the business. This is a unique opportunity with competitive salary and benefits where you'll get to work at a fast-paced and highly innovative start up to make a big impact across multiple sectors.
- Manage development process and cross-functional technical decisions for our hardware product
- Work with the management team to determine engineering resourcing plans: hiring and outsourcing
- Directly contribute to hardware design, design for manufacturability, validation, and reliability
- Manage internal team members or contractors contributing to the mechanical, electrical engineering and firmware development
- Design our production supply chain and be the main point of contact for production qualification and quality
- Interact with 3rd party firms to document hardware medical regulatory compliance, as well as product certifications (FCC, safety)
- Strong technical background including a BS or MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Seven or more years of experience in a design engineering role, experience leading mechanical design for one or more products from concept to mass production
- Leadership experience collaborating with or directly managing multi-disciplinary team including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing talent in an engineering organization
- Experience with regulatory processes and delivering compliant products and manufacturing processes
- Experience sourcing prototype and production components and assemblies
- Nice to have
- Experience developing medical devices
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience managing app software development for connected devices
- Experience in mechanical CAD, component and assembly design
- Experience in PCB design, schematic capture and layout
MORE ABOUT DROPLETTE
The Droplette team is driven to make an impact in medicine and consumer healthcare by harnessing hardware and technology. The ideal candidate for this role will join us on our mission to push the limits of molecular delivery and be enthusiastic about working with a constantly-growing company. We are seeking candidates that are both a technical and cultural fit for our organization: we believe that a passionate and diverse team with interdisciplinary skill sets is crucial as we strive to make a positive difference in the world with our technology.