SilkRoad Technology is the world’s leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
SilkRoad is seeking a detail-oriented OFFICE MANAGER to manage our office location in Chicago as well as other remote offices in North America while providing support to our Executive leadership team.
Your contributions to SilkRoad Technology will include:
- Managing the reception area to ensure effective communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image of company, and to project a welcoming environment for all guests and visiting employees.
- Handling day-to-day office operations with a focus on efficiency and time management.
- Providing administrative support for all office locations including scheduling meetings and conference calls, arranging appointments, creating documents, filing, entering data, distributing mail, and creating reports.
- Providing support for the Executive team with tasks such as scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, filing expense reports, and special mailings.
- Managing office space planning, layouts, and desk assignments, and troubleshoots scheduling conflicts as they arise.
- Negotiating the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary guidelines.
- Handling facilities day-to-day operations such as distributing building access keys and security access cards.
- Answering incoming calls and routes voicemails to the appropriate recipients.
- Maintaining office appearance and cleanliness.
- Managing relationship with building management and equipment vendors; supervising the maintenance of office facility and equipment including printer/copier, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Coordinating supply orders for all North America locations; reviewing supply requests, monitoring expenditures, and suggesting cost containment measures.
- Streamlining administrative procedures and maintaining office procedure manual.
- Providing local support for meetings and events.
- Organizing office functions and events; acting as the event liaison with other office locations.
- Assisting Human Resources with onboarding new employees and other tasks as needed.
- Assisting various teams with administrative tasks such as special mailings and customer invoicing.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem resolution abilities.
- Dependable, responsible self-starter that can work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience with event planning & logistics – restaurant reservations, coordinating with vendors, etc.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Patient with good interpersonal skills and the ability work with a diverse group of people.
- Proficient with computer software and MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in office administration or office management is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in executive support is required.
- Experience with vendor relations, space planning, scheduling, and standard office equipment is required.
- Event planning experience is required.
- Notary public certification is preferred.