NOTE: THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON DONOR FUNDING. UGANDAN NATIONALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a Director of Finance and Administration to manage an anticipated USAID-funded social and behavior change communication (SBCC) project in Uganda, Social and Behavior Change for Transformation activity (SBC4T). The SBCC project will result in the improved ability of individual, household, and communities to adopt priority behaviors.
- Oversee project operations including human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts, grants and accounting/finance.
- Establish financial systems and policies for the project that are in compliance with USAID contracting requirements and PATH's standard financial practices.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and develop annual and monthly project budgets.
- Advise project staff on USAID requirements and provide training on financial management, record keeping, operational systems, and policies, as needed.
- Develop and monitor budgets for the project.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly invoices and quarterly financial reports, including projections and forecasting.
- Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and partners.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to PATH headquarters and USAID.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Maintain project accounts in accordance with PATH policy and prepare all documentation for accounting and audits.
- Ensure project expenditures are in accordance with the approved budget, project contract, and USAID policies and cost.
- Develop and manage project budget and pipeline to ensure the project operates within the approved obligation and budget.
- Monitor monthly financial performance in relation to budgets and forecasts, obligated funds, commitments, and advances to subcontractors.
- Provide detailed analysis of costs, budgets, contract, and funding agency requirements as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries;
- Previous experience with USAID-funded contracts;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations; and
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
_MUST HAVE LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN UGANDA._
_PATH IS DEDICATED TO BUILDING AN INCLUSIVE WORKFORCE WHERE DIVERSITY IS VALUED._
_PATH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EVERY QUALIFIED APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT. PATH DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY STATUS, POLITICAL IDEOLOGY, MILITARY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW._