Electra Vehicles, Inc. is an innovative Boston-based startup developing a design and intelligent control software for energy storage systems. What sets us apart is our ability to design and control dual chemistry systems through our Ai-based control algorithms. We are passionate about clean technology and catalyzing widespread electrification. We work with leaders across multiple industries seeking to push the boundaries of energy storage systems and explore the technical capabilities of novel cell chemistries. Electra was one of the top-26 teams at the MassChallenge startup incubator in 2016, and is a part of the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center's AccelerateMass program to support the adoption of innovative clean technology in Massachusetts.
Electra is looking for a Machine Learning Software Engineer to develop our machine learning/ai systems.
- 2+ years of full-time engineering experience
- You have expertise in one or more object-oriented languages,including Python, Go, Java, or C++, and an eagerness to learn more
- You have experience with both machine learning and building scalable production services
- You have experience with distributed storage and database systems, including SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, or Cassandra
- You have experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow, Caffe, Theanos, Scikit-Learn,or ML Lib for production or commercial products
- Machine learning domain knowledge--bias-variance tradeoff, exploration/exploitation--and understanding of various model families, including neural net, decision trees, bayesian models, instance-based learning, association learning, and deep learning algorithms.
- You have a rock-star-like ability to communicate insights from complex "black-box" models to C-level and working level peers, and the ability to defend algorithm choices to industry experts
- You have the ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics
Nice to have