Senior Full Stack Developer
Electra Vehicles, Inc. is an innovative Boston-based startup developing design and intelligent control software for energy storage systems. What sets us apart is our ability to design and control dual chemistry systems through our Ai-based control algorithms. We are passionate about clean technology and catalyzing widespread electrification. We work with leaders across multiple industries seeking to push the boundaries of energy storage systems and explore the technical capabilities of novel cell chemistries. Electra was one of the top-26 teams at the MassChallenge startup incubator in 2016, and is a part of the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center's AccelerateMass program to support the adoption of innovative clean technology in Massachusetts.
Electra is looking for a senior full stack developer that will lead the development of our web application and backend python system. As a senior developer, you will work with a team that is fully responsible for every aspect of the software development cycle, including software architectural design, building backend services, development of highly interactive web applications, software deployment using continuous integration tools, and monitoring to ensure high availability. You will participate in all major software/architectural design decisions, help to define and optimize the team's development workflow, ensure our applications are running smoothly at all times, ensure code quality is of the highest possible quality, and ensure the team is adhering to software development best practices.
- Design, write, and test code for a python backend. Essential python libraries for data science, machine learning, and statistics (Pandas, Numpy).
- Work in a collaborative agile team to deliver top-notch technical solutions
- SQL for database schema design in relational database
- Code reviews
- Contribute to evolving best practices regarding CI, TDD, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in full stack development
- Passion for building high performing, scalable, and user-friendly solutions
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, browser/device support).
- Strong design skills around the user experience including an eye for design and attention to detail
- Experience with responsive web design
- Track record of successfully delivering projects as part of an agile software development team
- Skilled at designing and building REST API services using modern frameworks and technologies
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational database systems. We use the sequelize ORM
- Has knowledge of modern software development lifecycle and practices (e.g., Gitflow, CI/CD).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with HTML/CSS Frameworks (e.g Bootstrap), build tools (eg Webpack, Gulp) and testing frameworks Jest/Karma.
- Strong experience with python and data science/statistics libraries.
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Django or Flask.
- Strong proficiency and experience with libraries such as pandas, numPy, sciPy, scikit-learn.
- Experience optimizing python/pandas code.
- Back-end: Node, Python, Flask, Pandas, Numpy, Sequelize ORM
- Infrastructure: We use AWS for all our deployment tasks. AWS services we use: elastic beanstalk, RDS, S3, VPC, EC2, SQS, ECS, ECR, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Route53, Api Gateway, IaM, Cognito, IoT
Nice to have