POSITION IS LOCATED IN MELBOURNE, FL
- Provide Material Review Board (MRB) engineering support for production line and flights as related to Mechanical and Propulsion Systems (Hydraulic, AMS/ECS, pneumatic, oxygen, fire detection/suppression, propulsion, etc) issues.
- Perform functional analysis for non-conformities based on design criteria and certification reports of Mechanical / Propulsion systems issues.
- Aligns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities.
- Evaluate technical dispositions impact on production schedules, safety, quality aspects, documentation and costs/benefits involved.
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering areas involved with non-conformity analysis.
- Substantiate the approval of non-conformities considered “major” and present it for the local authorities as required.
- Facilitate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of Embraer's design responsibility.
- Validate supplier's dispositions for non-conformities in case such supplier is not delegated as MRB.
- Initiate the design revision process for those cases in which the disposition will affect interchangeability or maintainability of the product.
- Process small drawing changes to correct any repetitive Non-Conformance MRB issues on the production Line.
- Provide engineering support for trouble shooting on production line and production flights.
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems
- Responsible for compiling analytical results into a report format for customer review and approval.
- Ensure project related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements
- Assigns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities for the above systems on production line.
- Elaborate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of Embraer's design responsibility.
- Start design revision process with engineering staff for those cases which the disposition will affect interchangeability or maintainability of the product.
- Ensure project related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements.
- Provide mentorship, training, and guidance for junior engineers.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline is required (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical)
- Consultant Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Generally 3-4 years of experience in an aircraft systems functional discipline in an aerospace engineering related field.
- Recent experience in aircraft systems.
- Aircraft operation/maintenance (MCC) or production line experience desired (professional levels).
- Prior MRB authorization not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to analyze and interpret company products (e.g., analyzing and troubleshooting aircraft systems problems).
- Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures.
- Understands governing regulations and compliance requirements.
- RBAC23, Part 23. Part 25 (Airworthiness Standards);
- ICAO doc 9760 (Airworthiness Manual).
- Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
- Skills to build and manipulate data sets, (e.g., compare CATIA to measurement data).
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly).
- Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics.
- Familiarity with CATIA V5--Understanding of drawing practices, material properties, and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft primary and secondary manufacturing, installation, and repair.
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills.
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS / ENVIRONMENT/ SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- Availability for domestic and international travel.
- Must be able to obtain a TSA/SIDA (Secure Identification Display Area) clearance to access secure areas.
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.