As a Business Analyst in Product Development at Engage3, you will help us build our next generation of analytic software products focused on outstanding user experience unleashing the power of our unparalleled data science. You will use your full toolkit gathering and documenting requirements including getting hands on with data using SQL, Excel and BI tools – Our products will deliver answers to our client's critical questions - not data and more information. You will help lead our product development teams designing software solutions to support a rapidly evolving business in a fast-changing industry. You will partner with Product & Engineering to surface insights and help make informed, data-driven decisions about what challenges to tackle next and influence prioritization.
We're looking for someone with an insatiable curiosity who is always ready to challenge assumptions and prove us wrong with data. Someone who can translate simple questions into complex analysis and translate them back into straightforward language. We're growing rapidly and expect that you will look to grow with us either in product management or data science and analytic services helping build out our software capabilities.
• Experience gathering and writing requirements facilitating an Agile Software development process including detailed elaboration and writing of Epics and Stories
• Experience testing and verifying the results of software, reports and analysis ensuring quality results and accuracy
• One to three years of applied experience in a data rich environment specifying and/or creating reporting processes helping business stakeholders answer complex questions
• Demonstrated experience in translating data into decision-ready insights
• A strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn't be a problem for you.
• Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
• You are scrappy. You approach questions with a scientific rigor but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
• Bachelor's degree in a related technical field
• Agile business analyst or product management training or certification
• Retail and/or CPG industry knowledge and experience
• Experience working in an analytics organization or related field – SQL, R, Python, etc. are very nice
• A Master's degree (or higher) in a technical field (Analytics, Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
• A solid math and statistics background
Engage3 was founded by the creators of KhiMetrics (acquired by SAP), who are credited with inventing the retail price optimization space. Engage3's leadership team is composed of former KhiMetrics, SAP, Revionics, dunnhumby, KSS Retail, and IBM/DemandTec executives.
Engage3's Price Image Management SuiteTM helps retailers understand and manage their Price Image and align it with their sales and profitability objectives using predictive modeling. The suite includes Competitive Intelligence Management (CIM) – an AI-assisted, attribute-based, and data science-driven solution that provides accurate, granular competitive data (30 billion product pricing records collected annually in the U.S. and Canada) and like-item-linking visibility. CIM helps retailers reverse-engineer their competitors' pricing and assortment strategies across channels, markets, and items. Also included in the suite is Price Image Optimization (PIO) – a next generation pricing solution that defines the impact of strategic pricing alternatives and unlocks pricing recommendations based on a retailer's objectives for Price Image, sales, and profitability.
If you express interest in this role, please check your filtered emails in case our questionnaires get sent there. The email will come from Engage3-Breezy.
Company website: http://www.engage3.com
Company address: 501 2nd Street Davis CA 95616
Posted date: 16 days ago
View all Jobs at Engage3