POSITION: Banquet Captain
TYPE: Part Time (full time possible)
COMPENSATION: $13-15/hr + bonuses
STATUS: Immediate Opening
The Entertainment District is looking for an experienced and highly effective banquet captain to oversee and produce precision wedding and corporate events. The Banquet Captain will accomplish this through detailed planning and leadership of the event team.
- Manage operations for preparation, execution, and clean-up of banquets.
- Communicate with chefs, stewards, and managers about immediate and forecast problems.
- Monitor banquet rooms to enforce cleanliness, presentation, and meeting client needs.
- Coordinate with event staff, clients, chefs, maintenance, and other groups to ensure smooth operations.
- Lead banquet staff, including training, presentation, and policies, especially around alcohol and food allergies.
- Utilize checklists and update systems daily.
- Help maintain facilities and avoid damage to property, inventory, furnishings or equipment by following sop's.
- Uphold company policies & pricing at all times.
- Positive "can do" Attitude.
- Professional Appearance.
- 1+ yrs experience as banquet captain with 150+ plates on average.
- Significant experience using event plans and timelines.
- Proven ability to lead and direct a team.
- Highly Organized & detailed orientated.
- History of following exact directions and working from checklists.
- 30+ hours wk
- Mon - Thur (10a to 3p) event setup hours flexible.
- Fri - Sat (1p to 1a)
- Additional hours available based on event schedule
- $13-15/hr - dependant on experience
- Performance Bonuses
- Holiday Bonus
- Paid Time Off
- 3yr contract w/annual raises
- Contract Fulfillment Bonus
- Work in a professional environment that will allow you to build skills.
- Opportunity for advancement into lead banquet captain, event coordinator, event planning or one of 60+ other position types available between reedy group companies.
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events private events, and a boutique hotel.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages an amazing entertainment.
1. Complete Application w/questions
2. Online Interview
3. Assessments & Background
4. Onsite Interview
5. Make Offer
6. Begin Onboarding
THANK YOU for your time & consideration!, we hope you will consider working with us in the entertainment district!