If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We're a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Candidate should have a BS in engineering with 5+ years product engineering to support exterior and interior lighting, must have launched a vehicle. Able to clearly direct and maintain tasks with supplier, host meetings and report status. Expect travel to supplier locations and company facilities.
- Experience with optics and various light sources
- Experience with injection molded plastics
- Create/support feasibility and homologation studies
- Experience with mechanical testing and validation requirements
- Work with design team and other engineering teams for development
- Proficient with CAD, preferably Catia V6
- Develop & Integrate design to ensure serviceability, manufacturability and other performance attributes for autonomous system integration
- Knowledge of DFMEA/DVP&R/PPAP/program timing and costs
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Enforce design standards driving cost advantages to BOM standards
- Deliver components in accordance to company vehicle requirements
- Flexibility with other duties and assigned tasks
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT WORKING HERE...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
__EVELOZCITY INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY-AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED ON BUSINESS NEEDS, JOB REQUIREMENTS AND INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATIONS, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, PAST OR PRESENT MILITARY SERVICE OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED BY THE LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN THE LOCATIONS WHERE WE OPERATE.__