The BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST II is responsible for collaborating with the Digital Product Managers (DPM), business system owners, and users to capture the right business requests and accurately translating them to specifications that aid design, coding and testing of complex software and/or data warehouse applications within the organization.
The incumbent performs a liaison function between the DPM, business users, software engineers and QA analysts for implementing software solutions in order to accurately realize business goals.
- Work with the business users and DPM to accurately capture all stakeholder requests and translate them into system specifications which typically include functional, non-functional, user interface, reports and external interface specifications.
- Work with software engineers to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with the business specification.
- Work with the testers to ensure that all software components are tested adequately and Participates in Quality Assurance testing as the IT workload requires.
- Provides guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives.
- Manages requirements risks by proactively tracking and communicating issues, and devising methods to mitigating them.
- Liaise with other project and program areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Analyzes, maps and communicates current state and future state business processes.
- Supports business units in the resolution of in-depth user questions and issues.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technology and business analysis standards & practices.
- Collaborates with IT management to define and develop documentation & business analysis artifact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates.
- Advanced knowledge of Mortgage Insurance business domain, assigned software business systems and/or data warehouse applications.
- Required - 3 to 5 years related experience
- Required knowledge and skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelors degree in computer science, business or related field
- In depth knowledge of business analysis processes, techniques, and work products.
- Understanding of experience with user experience design for web applications.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of computer software development, computer terminology, and software applications.
- Experience in Agile software development processes
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate and convey information to business owners and software engineers and testers.
- Strong customer service skills to provide end user/business owner systems support on high level issues.