Working with the head of Enterprise Architecture, the ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT provides high level and long term enterprise architecture governance, strategy, and planning to ensure consistent alignment of IT systems with business strategy. He/she will work closely with the application development leaders to define solutions architecture to meet business needs and to document and optimize the technology flows supporting the business. The incumbent is a technologist who is passionate about technology and uses this inquisitive nature to anticipate and test IT industry technologies and future directions. The Architect works with the architecture team and technology leaders to establish a roadmap to evolve the department in an appropriate technology direction, based upon industry trends. He/she works closely with application development leaders in the establishment and accomplishment of technology solutions and IT Strategic Objectives.
- Regularly meets with business and technology leaders to understand and capture all business needs that can be addressed with IT systems. Acts as a visionary to proactively assist in defining direction for IT projects.
- Establishes and maintains understanding of long term company strategy and oversees design, development and implementation of high level systems architecture that will enable the company to meet the changing industry and competitive demands.
- Develop, implement, and maintain digital enterprise architecture standards that drive business capabilities and optimization to create efficiency, quality, and agility
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in current overall architecture and that of individual systems.Identifies costs savings and evaluates options based on business strategy alignment.
- Manages the effort to collect and maintain current and future state enterprise architecture models and domain roadmaps. Develops comprehensive technology recommendations and presents to executive management.
- Oversees research and information gathering to aide in product life cycle planning, utilizing knowledge of IT industry future directions. Monitor the industry solution landscape to track the development of available solutions, and identify opportunities for adapting the team's solution architecture.
- Provides guidance to the business in their evaluation, selection, and deployment of technology as needed.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the technology roadmap for the IT organization.
- Reviews project team architectural designs to ensure consistency & alignment with defined target architecture and adherence to established architecture standards.
- Ensure maintenance of architecture governance program including membership in and presentation to EA committee, reference architectures, action item follow up, application and service inventories, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related experience in software development, systems infrastructure management & architecture design, including project management and business analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation & consultative skills for effective relationships and planning long term projects with senior management.
- Demonstrated expertise in the implementation, and maintenance of large-scale software systems and defining new architectural models
- Expert level experience in Software Development using Java and .Net technologies and Agile Practices
- Experience with Cloud Native Architectures, REST and APIs, Microservices, Spring Boot/Framework, .Net/.Net Core, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, OpenShift, BPM, SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, Messaging AMQP/Kafka
- Solid understanding of Private Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, as well as various Cloud Models (Azure and AWS). Infrastructure architecture and best practice experience a significant plus.
- Solid understanding of data, analytics, and BI patterns and models – data quality, data modeling, data persistence and caching technology fit for purpose, warehousing, analytics platforms and strategies, BI reporting, etc.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, automation and containerization technologies.
- Experience with Agile and Digital transformations
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills and experience
- Ability to balance between most ideal and most pragmatic solutions that meet the business needs.
- Must be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Must be highly reliable and commitment oriented.