ABOUT THE POSITION
Eye to Eye is seeking a driven, energetic, and detail-oriented Event Specialist Intern to manage the logistics and seamless operations of our annual Young Leaders Organizing Institute conference. The Young Leaders Organizing Institute (OI) is a week-long intensive training program held at Brown University in Providence, RI. Approximately 250+ Chapter Leaders, staff, and community partners attend the OI to build leadership skills through workshops, community building, and working with leading role models from the national stage.
The Events Specialist Intern is crucial to the success of the OI. Event Specialist Interns perform much of the behind-the-scenes work such as travel logistics, lodging, meals, supplies, technology (OI App), vendor management, and other tasks associated with the conference. The ideal candidate demonstrates a record of developing collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and a keen sense of organization and prioritization. This is a paid full-time non-permanent internship position reporting to the Operations Coordinator and the Associate Director of Operations & Human Resources.
- Manage and oversee event production including problem-solving, welcoming students, directing event set-up, communicating with staff and support staff, organizing vendors, and managing break-down
- Assist in the coordination of pre-production, production, and post-production of the OI
- Organize pre and post-event registration, planning, and logistics
- Communicate with staff and vendors and take detailed minutes during meetings and conference calls
- Book and manage all travel arrangements for students, staff, community partners, and required vendors
- Procure and order all supplies including premiums, shirts, and fidgets
- Order and schedule all meals for students, staff, and community partners
- Manage the event app including registration, schedule, and social integrations
- Other tasks as assigned by national staff
- A hands-on approach to coordinating logistical aspects of various events
- Passion for, and commitment to, the mission, vision, and goals of Eye to Eye
- Ability to commit to the duration of the internship including attending the OI in Providence, RI
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including experience developing relationships with various stakeholders
- Familiarity with event management
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, and hardworking, with a fun approach to work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail needed to manage a busy schedule, email inbox, and task lists
- Demonstrated experience with managing complex projects including setting priorities, managing resources, navigating challenges, and meeting and/or exceeding goals
- Resourcefulness and creativity in proposing ideas
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps Suite, DropBox, and working with data and large quantities of information
- Driver's license helpful but not required
Please submit a resume and answer the video prompts. Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 8, 2019.
JOB SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
All interns are required to be available to work 10am to 6pm, Monday through Friday, starting Monday, June 17th -Friday, August 16th in our New York office. Eye to Eye will provide a transportation and an accommodation stipend to qualifying candidates.