Osteria is a full-service restaurant and craft bar dedicated to offering a bold and fresh perspective on classic Italian food, with a communal, neighborhood appeal.
Nestled in Chicago's Downers Grove, ingredients sourced from regional farms will come together to highlight cuisine from Northern, Central and Southern Italy, that have been perfected by Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani.
We aspire to uphold our namesake, by being a gracious host that embodies a collective approach. We want each service to be immensely welcoming and for each guest to experience a comforting familiarity within our walls.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it's time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
More about our partner, Fabio Viviani. Fabio was on three seasons of the television competition show Top Chef and won the title of “Fan Favorite.” When you meet him, you will understand why. He is a celebrity without the celebrity ego. His drive for excellence and true culinary talent make him a celebrated and revered chef.
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Prepares alcoholic beverages for servers and guests at the bar
- Prepares consistent beverages following recipes in a timely manner
- Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures
- Understand and provide information to guests regarding all menu items available
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and deals with intoxicated guests
- Ensures a clean, sanitized and well stocked bar
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- Knowledge of how to make common drinks and the ability to follow the recipe for new drinks
- Minimum 2 years bartending experience
- Excellent communication skills with guests and team-members
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30+ pounds repetitively
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time