Osteria is a full-service restaurant and craft bar dedicated to offering a bold and fresh perspective on classic Italian food, with a communal, neighborhood appeal.
Nestled in Chicago's Downers Grove, ingredients sourced from regional farms will come together to highlight cuisine from Northern, Central and Southern Italy, that have been perfected by Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani.
We aspire to uphold our namesake, by being a gracious host that embodies a collective approach. We want each service to be immensely welcoming and for each guest to experience a comforting familiarity within our walls.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it's time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
More about our partner, Fabio Viviani. Fabio was on three seasons of the television competition show Top Chef and won the title of “Fan Favorite.” When you meet him, you will understand why. He is a celebrity without the celebrity ego. His drive for excellence and true culinary talent make him a celebrated and revered chef.
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest's feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns
- Serve the Guest in an accommodating manner
- Pre-bus tables; maintain table cleanliness, bus tables
- Looks for ways to avoid waste and limit costs
- Assist in keeping the restaurant clean and safe
- Deliver food and beverages to any table as needed
- Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures
- Resolve guest complaints
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- Minimum 1 year serving experience
- Excellent communication skills: This position involves interaction with the public and as such requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions
- Ability to get tasks done with little or no supervision
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Must maintain a degree of cleanliness
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 10+ pounds repetitively
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time