Osteria is a full-service restaurant and craft bar dedicated to offering a bold and fresh perspective on classic Italian food, with a communal, neighborhood appeal.
Nestled in Chicago's Downers Grove, ingredients sourced from regional farms will come together to highlight cuisine from Northern, Central and Southern Italy, that have been perfected by Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani.
We aspire to uphold our namesake, by being a gracious host that embodies a collective approach. We want each service to be immensely welcoming and for each guest to experience a comforting familiarity within our walls.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it's time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
More about our partner, Fabio Viviani. Fabio was on three seasons of the television competition show Top Chef and won the title of “Fan Favorite.” When you meet him, you will understand why. He is a celebrity without the celebrity ego. His drive for excellence and true culinary talent make him a celebrated and revered chef.
POSITION: PREP COOK
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest's feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies with quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work-station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, refrigeration equipment etc.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and team-members
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40+ pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)