Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of youth ages 11–24. We offer health care, counseling, and programs for homeless youth.
The Patient Access Specialist provides positive and courteous services for patients seeking appointments, information, and connection with staff or services. The primary role of the position is to ensure patients have an efficient and welcoming experience during scheduling, registration, insurance enrollment, financial counseling, and telephone contact with the clinic.
This position requires flexibility and availability during all hours of clinic operation.
- Greet and welcome patients in a professionally and timely manner.
- Register new patients in the electronic health record (EHR) and update as needed.
- Request and verify insurance status. Discuss options for those without insurance and schedule an appointment with an insurance navigator.
- Collect and scan patient demographic information, health history, and insurance information.
- Provide patients information about what to expect during their visit to decrease patient anxiety and increase patient education.
- Inform patients of co-pays and outstanding balances due. Collect and secure payments.
- Answer incoming calls in a timely and professional manner and direct callers to the appropriate individual or team.
- Schedule appointments and obtain accurate and complete demographic, insurance, and medical information.
- Provide information regarding confidentiality, parental consent, and other pertinent information according to state and federal regulation. Obtain signatures and consents.
- Schedule interpreters for patient’s requiring assistance.
- Receive and process incoming mail and package deliveries.
- Complete opening and closing procedures. Ensure lobby and bathrooms are maintained, clean, and welcoming to all patients and visitors.
- Assist patients in accessing their Patient Portal and encourage participation in satisfaction surveys.
- Provide all services guided by the evidence-based principles for helping youth overcome homelessness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school or GED required. One year post high school education preferred. Experience as a Certified Medical Assistant desired.
- Strong customer service and phone skills with an exceptional ability to listen and communicate to others.
- Previous working experience in customer service, reception, medical setting, or business environment.
- Experience with electronic health records or databases a must.
- Medical terminology or medical experience preferred.
- Private insurance payer knowledge strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle and manage a cash collection.
- Experience in a team orientated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse ethnic, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities typical of an office environment.
- Ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.
Appropriate accommodations for physical demands will be made for individuals with disabilities.
Face to Face offers benefits which include health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, 403b account as well as generous PTO and paid holidays.
Face to Face is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.