You’ve invested a lot of time and energy in your education. Now you want the chance to make your mark. We offer challenging opportunities for you to learn and grow professionally. In our programs, you’ll be immersed in a culture of continuous improvement, with the goal of changing health care for the better.
This program is a 11-week full-time opportunity that provides real work experience with a team in your business area. You will be aligned to projects to lead or contribute to while also participating in networking, development, and career exploration activities. Our Corporate Interns can apply for future full-time roles during the program and have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a post-graduation role.
The Finance summer internship program is from May 28th – August 9th 2024.
CVS Health follows a 3 days in office (generally Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) hybrid work model providing office-based colleagues the ability to flex between working in the office and working from home based on the work you need to accomplish. The other 2 days each week will be working remotely from home, office, or another location of your choice. Our Finance Program office locations are: Cumberland, RI (Headquarters); Hartford, CT; Blue Bell, PA; Atlanta, GA; Plantation, FL; Northbrook, IL; Richardson, TX; Houston, TX; Scottsdale, AZ. No housing or housing stipend will be provided, but interns will be given the opportunity to connect with each other prior to the start of the program to coordinate housing if desired.
The hourly rate is $23 per hour with 40 hours/ week, no work on July 4th (company holiday), and two days of paid leave. Please disregard the range listed.
During this internship you will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service activities
• Professional development workshops
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
• And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
As a finance intern, you will be assigned to a summer role in a department such as:
• Enterprise Finance Planning and Analysis
• Health Care Benefits, Pharmacy Services, and Retail Finance
• Internal Audit
• Financial Systems
• Medical Economics
About this Business Area:
Our CVS Health Finance organization serves as strategic partners supporting our business to reshape health care, making it more accessible, equitable, and affordable. Our Heart at Work Behaviors are at the center of everything we do: put people first, rise to the challenge, join forces, create simplicity, inspire trust and champion safety and quality. We are looking for motivated students who are passionate about our mission and who want to launch a career in corporate Finance and Accounting at a top Fortune company. We will provide you with immersive training and experiences that will build your business acumen, financial and technical skills, and leadership capabilities. You will also meet with Finance leaders, receive mentorship from Finance Leadership Program participants and alumni, experience our supportive and inclusive culture, and will build a lasting professional network. Our internship serves as the premier entry point into the Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP), which is a three-year rotational experience designed to develop you into a future finance leader at CVS Health.
To see a comprehensive view of the FLDP and the Finance Leadership Programs, visit: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/finance-leadership-programs/
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this role. This includes participation in Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), and F-1 Visa programs.
• Meet educational requirements (see education section)
• Have demonstrated leadership experience. Examples include: active roles in student or social organization activities, sports, or school or work-related projects
• Have internship, work, or project experience in related field such as finance, accounting, or business
• Have experience with data analysis and visualization tools, for example Microsoft Excel to maintain spreadsheets and perform moderately complex functions
• Show strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health upon graduation
You must meet the follow qualifications:
• Anticipated completion of bachelor’s degree program by start date (January 2025 through August 2025) or equivalent experience. Master’s students completing 3+1 or 4+1 programs (a Master’s/MBA program immediately following your bachelor’s degree) may be considered
• Have a major, minor, concentration, or work experience relevant to the position. Examples include: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics or similar quantitative majors
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
Whether in our pharmacies or through our health service offerings, we are pioneering a bold new approach to total health care. As health care innovators, we are making quality care affordable, accessible, simple and seamless. We await your fresh ideas, new perspectives, and the unique contributions you will make to our organization.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.