A Member Advisor (MA) serves as a liaison between the member and the Credit Union. Works independently with limited supervision in a high volume in-bound call center. Responds to a broad variety of member calls concerning the Credit Union’s products or services ensuring the highest quality of member service. Responds to and resolves member inquiries, problems, and/or complaints while maintaining member relations. A MA builds member relations by offering products and services based upon identified member financial needs and makes appropriate referrals to other product specialist.
A MA creates a memorable member experience through their professional interactions and commitment to the Credit Union’s Service Promises.
- Pre-employment testing. Ability to achieve a satisfactory score on pre-employment assessment(s) and satisfactory completion of required/mandatory training.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude. Ability to be an example and role model.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume call center environment.
- Ability to meet all performance objectives/goals as established per position.
- Ability to read, interprets, and accurately applies policies and procedures to all elements of the position.
- Average ability to use a personal computer and related software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Tasks.
- Solid math skills and bookkeeping abilities.
- Strong ability to analyze and determine opportunities to cross-sell products and services and offer solutions/alternatives to members.
- Must be able to demonstrate established competency levels for all required regulatory or compliance-related processes and/or procedures within established timeframes of appointment and as assigned.
- Must be able to troubleshoot/solve member issues utilizing effective research skills.
- Must be able to evaluate service situations and make decisions/recommendations based on solid research and facts.
- Must be able to consistently and effectively manage one’s time and to meet all deadlines.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Effectively take ownership, follow-up and follow-through on all member and management requests professionally and timely.
One (1) year previous experience as a call center services representative in a financial institution with knowledge of financial institution concepts, products, policies and regulations.
One (1) year retail performance-based sales experience (direct member contact w/goal objectives) preferably in a call center environment