COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach is proud to collaborate with the award-winning chef, Michael Schwartz. The cuisine at Traymore by Michael Schwartz combines Schwartz’ passion for fresh, clean Floridian flavors and bright, Southeast Asian influences.
Michael Schwartz’s menu celebrates in-season, local ingredients, in line with COMO’s award-winning restaurants worldwide which embrace sustainable sources and pay homage to the flavors of our different locations. To each dish, Michael adds sophisticated Asian nuances, which also speak to COMO’s roots, with hotels and restaurants in Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia. The menus at Traymore therefore become a perfect reflection of COMO’s heritage, along with Michael’s commitment to healthy, yet flavorful cooking, delivered with accurate and intuitive service.
Responsible for greeting guests with warm, preemptive, genuine and sincere service to ensure an outstanding dining guest experience in the restaurant.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The utmost priority for this position is to deliver guests a memorable experience as per COMO standards.
- Setting and maintaining the dining room environment as per standards.
- Courteously greet, serve and respond to guests’ request and escort guests to tables.
- Knowledgeable of menu items to assist guest when needed.
- Able to clear and set tables to restaurant standard to assist with the restaurant service team.
- Opening and closing duties.
- Help guests by accurately completing phone, online or in person reservations and help anticipate particular guests' needs. Communicating special occasions to other team members for guests’ anniversary, birthday and so on.
- Maintain clear and updated reservations systems.
- Support the team and assist in running all food and beverage orders when required.
- To appropriately farewell all guests that dine with us.
- To take appropriate action to resolve and or mitigate guest complaints.
- Report any damaged restaurant furniture or equipment to managers and engineering department.
- Maintain compliance with state and local standards on Food and beverage regulations and safety guidelines.
- Uphold luxury restaurant standards and superb guest services.
- Cooperate, assist and communicate effectively with other team members in order to provide a prompt service to the guest.
- Carry out assignments allocated by the Restaurant Managers to maintain a high standard of cleanliness.
- Take part in regularly scheduled deep cleaning projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Preferably 1 year experience minimum in an upscale or luxury dining setting.
- Attention to details and excellent customer service attitude.
- Prior customer service experience highly preferred.
- Comfortable with learning new software and restaurant operating systems, computer literate required.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, kneeling or crouching.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees; including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance.