Responsible for acquiring, registering, tracking, retaining, and general overall care of Forest Home program guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves guests and staff consistent with Forest Home core values, mission, and vision.
- Works with Director of Reservations and Program Director in order to achieve the annual program attendance targets and to steward the guests experience.
- Enthusiastically responds to all calls and emails by the next business day with timely and accurate information to meet guest’s needs.
- Naturally lead conversations with questions to uncover needs and suggest programs to register for.
- Provides customer relations from growing our customer base through the development of outbound call lists, initial contact, pricing, tours, contract presentation and negotiations, confirmed deposit and payments, appropriately assign guest and leadership housing, internal documentation and tracking, check-in and rebooking.
- Provides training and tips to guest leaders on how to best handle the reservations process to best meet their group’s and Forest Home’s needs and requirements.
- Seeks opportunities to identify, prioritize, and implement improvements to the reservation process in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Collaborates with Operations departments to ensure the highest quality of services provided to contracted groups and individual guests as the advocate and active voice of the guest and their perspective.
- Develops schedules for all phases of the reservation process to ensure timely response to information, pricing and contract requests, and internal needs.
- Develop and implement outbound call lists to groups and individuals inviting them to retreat at Forest Home.
- Perform multiple event audits to ensure accuracy of each and every reservation and contract.
- Provides timely and detailed feedback on potential issues - provides management reports to be utilized for planning meetings.
- Attends pre and post conference meetings as needed.
- Prepares guest check-in packets to include printed materials, nametags, keys, and wristbands as indicated by registration system.
- Establishes a full understanding of the Reservations System and process which includes the ability to accurately create programs, forms, reports, and financial options within the Reservations System.
- Checks-in guests on grounds for various conferences as requested.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Forest Home guests, checks on guest needs as assigned.
- Provides general information regarding Forest Home and related sales information.
- Provides oversight of assigned temporary staff.
- Serves as a resource during the operation of events as assigned requiring periodic availability by phone or in-person response.
- Follow up with guests to ensure that all balances are paid in full in a timely manner.
- Process any additional paperwork including medical consent forms, voluntary disclosure forms, and campership applications.
- Maintain an overall guest evaluation score of 4 or higher.
- Contact guest post-event for rebooking future retreat contracts/registration.
- Represents Forest Home at promotional opportunities as requested.
- Actively participates in staff activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience in tele-center, marketing, business, sales, or related area.
- Strong office experience, with excellent computer and database skills.
- Excellent people service and communication skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Prays for each existing and potential partner and guest.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects through other staff; utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Able to perform high quality, accurate, and detailed work within assigned deadlines.
- Able to think strategically and be able to focus on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- Leadership ability in order to correctly guide guest experiences and expectations.
- Available for business travel as requested.
- Business acumen and analytical skills and abilities.
- Must be a team player.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Responsible, focused and aware of surroundings.
- Must be comfortable and confident in possible high stress situations.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and over the phone.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 20 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 timothy 4:12) by rejecting one's sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)