The Lab Supervisor provides laboratory oversight and technical assistance to the WINA operating companies while maintaining our A2LA accreditation and expanding the scope of our accreditation.
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits for Full-time Employees & their Families!
- Paid Time Off – start accruing on day one!
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Free Life Insurance
- Partner Discounts (Ford, Verizon, Harley Davidson and more!)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLIES include the following and all other duties assigned:
- Maintains A2LA accreditation and expand our scope with additional testing capabilities.
- Oversee the laboratory operation, with responsibility for the quality and quantity of the work of others, proper maintenance of laboratory conditions, safety procedures, equipment, instruments and supplies, files and records.
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of samples for analysis and/or testing.
- Operate, test and calibrate analytical instruments, equipment and related components.
- Ensure that all tests being performed are in accordance to the industry standards using a variety of methods and techniques.
- May be required to solve problems, calculate results, evaluate findings and determine need for further analysis.
- Ensure that the data results from the lab are accurate and prepare comprehensive, detailed reports which document the evaluation findings and explain other information pertinent to the analysis.
- Maintain all test equipment and gages in proper working order and troubleshoot and resolves problems of unusual difficulty; may be responsible for modification of such equipment.
- Evaluates technical and support staff; determines work schedules and work assignments; recommends staffing levels.
- Initiates purchases of equipment and supplies; maintains availability and cost of equipment/instruments to meet needs of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the technical specialty, appropriate to the department, and proven ability to apply a wide range of concepts, techniques and practices to carry out laboratory objectives.
- Proven ability to evaluate and produce reliable results, problem-solve and trouble shoot complex problems.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technology appropriate to the technical specialty.
- Demonstrated Supervisorial and supervisory ability and well-developed leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain and trouble-shoot problems with laboratory equipment.
- A2LA Knowledge
- High standard of professionalism and ethics
- Preferred style of teamwork, collaboration, and humility
- Ability to listen and influence
- Direction. Coordination. Communication. Coaching.
- Ability to summarize information and communicate effectively
- Project management and organizational skills
- 1-3 years’ experience in a A2LA laboratory environment
- Fluency in German and/or Spanish, a plus
WÜRTH INDUSTRY NORTH AMERICA KEY FACTS:
- 110+ locations across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
- More than 2,600 employees
- More than 420,000 standard parts
- Part of the Würth Group, $15B+, which operates over 400 companies in more than 80 countries and has more than 79,000 employees
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/wurth-industry-north-america
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WurthIndustry
- Twitter – @WurthIndustryNA
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/WurthIndustryNorthAmerica
The Wurth Industry North America group of companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Wurth will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.