The mission of the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) is to educate, train, and inspire men and women to become leaders of character, motivated to lead the United States Air Force in service to our nation.
The USAFA Information Office (USAFA/A6) provides assistance in processing and tracking of Command-level Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Programs which integrate with Information Access Programs (i.e., Privacy Act, Records Management, Section 508, Information Collections/Paperwork Reduction, Information Quality, Civil Liberties, and Federal Register) as required by federal statutory and regulatory requirements.
Aleut Aerospace Engineering is a certified 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation that manages the Advisory and Assistance Services Contract at USAFA to provide professional technical support to a wide variety of activities. Aleut’s mission mirrors that of USAFA, with an integrity-centric team focused on delivery of exceptional solutions, service, and value.
Aleut Aerospace Engineering is currently searching for an Admin to support USAFA FOIA activities. Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the processing and tracking of Command-level FOIA Programs (including eFOIA) which integrate with Information Access Programs (i.e., Privacy Act, Records Management, Section 508, Information Collections/Paperwork Reduction, Information Quality, Civil Liberties, and Federal Register) as required by federal statutory and regulatory requirements
- Under the oversight of the Chief FOIA Officer, prepare response recommendations regarding how to process a given request, including redaction recommendations for significant FOIA responsive records prior to release
- Assist as the USAFA point of contact for questions concerning any significant FOIA requests or data calls
- Assist with management and processing of FOIA litigation cases
- Produce monthly FOIA and Information Access Program metrics, costs, and activity reports
- Review progress against FOIA backlog reduction plan
- Process Federal Register notices and rules, and track cost/billing
- Run/Post annual FOIA logs report to the website
- Post reading room records to the AF public FOIA reading room website
- Administer databases, perform file processing and executive administrative tasks, manage suspense tracking, and take meeting minutes
- File official records and maintain office file plan
- Prepare electronic correspondence, briefings, and staff summary packages
- Update and manage events/calendars
- This position presents a public face of the Air Force Academy and the FOIA program to potential users including: senior staff officers, news media, legal entities, and the general public. The successful applicant must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- High emotional intelligence
- The ability to thrive in a highly-visible and fast-paced team environment
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an editable, collaborative medium (such as Google Drive and/or Google Docs) is desired
- A BA/BS degree and 1 year of Admin experience, or an Associate’s degree and 5 years’ Admin experience is desired
- Ability to work in a customer-facing role is essential
- Experience with FOIA Programs is desired, but is not required
- Paralegal training or experience is highly beneficial
- Familiarity/experience with military and/or government programs is a plus
EEO Statement: AMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AMS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.