The primary responsibility of the Network Engineer is to lead the way in architecture, design and implementation of new solutions for the Enterprise IDENT environment. This role will be responsible for architecture and design of both the production and non-production environment. This role will also be responsible for managing small to medium sized engineering efforts to ensure successful completion.
Other specific responsibilities include but are limited to:
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications
- Participates in analysis, design and construction of next generation IT systems
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into network requirements, designs and orders
- Provides in-depth engineering analysis of network alternatives in support of client's strategic modernization efforts and network enhancement design for medium and large-scale network infrastructures.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
- BS or equivalent + 9 yrs related experience, or MS + 7 yrs related experience
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or information systems field of study
- BS or equivalent + 14 yrs related experience, or MS + 12 yrs related experience
- Experience in network/telecommunications concepts, hardware, computer languages, operating systems, database and/or middleware.
- Experience with IDENT or USVISIT
- Experience supporting DHS OBIM
GENESYS Consulting is an equal opportunity employer.