Oversees the day-to-day operations in Employee Benefits and monitors departmental activities to ensure that work is completed accurately; including health, dental vision, life insurance, salary continuation, and voluntary tax advantaged retirement accounts. Ensures that all aspects of Employee Benefits are effectively managed for maximum effectiveness. Monitors federal legislation to keep abreast of changes in the Affordable Care Act. Assists with the development of strategies for day-to-day operations to accomplish objectives. Provides support to staff on the proper procedures to be followed in benefits matters to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Develops and prepares reports, as well as plans and implements workshops and seminars.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work of subordinate professional and non-professional staff and implements procedures to maximize quality of service; reviews practices and procedures to ensure the Client is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manages key components of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and participates in the development of a benefits administration strategy for ACA reporting; resolves 1095-C issues and answers inquiries.
- Assists with managing and directing the activities of staff engaged in Act 15 and Act 168 clearance activities; ensures that data is accurate and that clearance records have been uploaded for the correct employee.
- Manages the tax shelter process and coordinates with internal and external resources; provides strategic and operational support
- Provides technical support, test system functionality and works with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems.
- Coordinates the processing of applications and manages the open enrollment process.
- Manages the design and implementation of process improvements.
- Prepares regular reports extracting data from the database.
- Explains Employee Benefits programs and benefits offerings to personnel; presents information to various employee groups; responds to inquiries on employee benefits and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Directs the activities of staff involved in the reenrollment process; reviews enrollment forms and other documents for accuracy; ensures that documents are forwarded to the appropriate carriers.
- Oversees the audit of payments to multiple providers and employee contributions; makes recommendations for action based on the audit.
- Reviews departmental operations to ensure conformance to state and federal regulations relating to the management of employee benefits; works with the Benefits Director to implement and maintain ongoing Affordable Care Act compliance plan.
- Monitors work flow processes to identify and improve information gathering and processing; identifies opportunities for workflow automation; works with staff and Information Technology to design and implement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Seven years of full-time, paid professional experience in benefits, two of which have been in a supervisory or lead capacity and included responsibility for program development and project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- principles, practices and current trends in benefits.
- administrative practices and procedures commonly used in large organizations.
- supervisory methods and techniques.
- software applications used for word processing.
- maintain statistical data and prepare reports.
- supervise and direct the activities of staff and consultants.
- develop junior level staff.
- learn and interpret all policies and procedures applicable to benefits.
- obtain factual data and organize materials.
- evaluate data and prepare reports and cogent recommendations.
- conduct training on employee benefits policies and procedures.
- use Microsoft Word, EXCEL and Access applications.
- use Crystal reports or similar report writing software.
GENESYS Consulting is an equal opportunity employer.