This position will be responsible for contributing to work product and client satisfaction. The Architect will work closely with Project Managers and other team members to achieve results. He/She seeks knowledge of industry practices and knowledge of materials. The Architect will have access to our robust benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and supplemental benefits.
Company General Policy and Procedure:
- Comply with Firm's policies and procedures.
- Comply with Firm's standards.
- Attendance: Will request time off in accordance with policy. Will document time worked and reasons for tardiness/absence or leaving early according to office policy.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competence of the employee in performing his or her job duties will be demonstrated, maintained, and improved on an ongoing basis.
- The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specification, materials, equipment, estimated costs and construction time.
- Direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client's needs, building's usage and environmental impact.
- Compile project specifications, and keep within budgets and timelines.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
- Make on site visits to check on project status and report on project.
- Performing various services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments and opening and tabulating bids as directed.
- Performing various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed.
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures.
- Learn and implement department and company standards.
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members.
- Working with a team of architects, engineers, interior designing and landscape architects.
- Focus on the financial standing to achieve profitability goals.
- Receive and enforce appropriate approvals (e.g. purchase requests, expense reports) for incurred expenses.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Interact with all visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible and courteous manner to ensure a positive and professional environment. Responds promptly to customer and coworker needs, and continually strives to improve service.
- Maintain sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with a focus on Architecture; and
- Experience: Registered Architect with 10+ years of experience
- Proficient in Revit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality. Apply feedback to performance and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner. Strive to increase productivity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers, handle, type, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Machines/Equipment Used: Computers, copy machines, telephone, fax machine and other equipment as necessary.
Environmental Conditions: Indoor climate-controlled environment; frequent exposure to outdoor climate. Moderate to quite noise level.
GSC Architects is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. GSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.