This position will be responsible for contributing to work product and client satisfaction. The Interior Designer will work closely with the Director of Interior Design and Project Manager to achieve results. Serves as a liaison between the assigned Clients and the firm and will exhibit role model leadership. He/She is responsible for designing, implementing and refurbishing interior spaces. He/She will seek knowledge of industry practices and knowledge of materials. The candidate will seek to perform work responsibilities with creativity and enhanced productivity. The Interior Designer will have access to our robust benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and supplemental benefits.
Company General Policy and Procedure:
- Comply with Firm's policies and procedures.
- Comply with Firm's standards.
- Attendance: Will request time off in accordance with policy. Will document time worked and reasons for tardiness/absence or leaving early according to office policy.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competence of the employee in performing his or her job duties will be demonstrated, maintained, and improved on an ongoing basis.
- The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Approach work in a detailed, thorough and specific manner.
- Promote the image and capabilities of the firm.
- Encourage new work from existing Clients.
- Aid in development of departmental proposals.
- Pursue new opportunities for business.
- Perform billable work for Clients.
- Aid Director of Interior Design and Project Manager in coaching, training and developing Interior Design team members.
- Responsible for communication with Director of Interior Design and Project Manager to meet project schedules and budgets for successful delivery of project work.
- Anticipate problems, resolve conflicts, avoid unnecessary crisis.
- Working knowledge of code and life safety requirements.
- Select materials to meet project requirements and budget.
- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning and interior environment, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise client on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, and color coordination.
- Select a design, and aid in procurement of furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- Document field conditions and translate into computer format.
- Prepare final plans, using computer applications.
- Produce product that conforms to the highest quality standards and enforce best practices.
- Perform or assist with other duties and projects as needed.
- Focus on the financial standing to achieve profitability goals.
- Work with Director of Interior Design and Project Manager to work within and help to develop approved budgets. Use, implement, and seek out cost saving measures; contribute to profits and revenues.
- Receive and enforce appropriate approvals (e.g. purchase requests, expense reports) for incurred expenses.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Maintain Client contact on a regular basis.
- Develop rapport with Client contacts.
- Participate in Client entertainment.
- Interact with all visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible and courteous manner to ensure a positive and professional environment. Responds promptly to customer and coworker needs, and continually strives to improve service.
- Maintain sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with a focus in Interior Design; and
- Experience: 2-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proven working experience in designing interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning, and new construction).
- Proficient in Revit.
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality. Apply feedback to performance and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner. Strive to increase productivity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers, handle, type, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Machines/Equipment Used: Computers, copy machines, telephone, fax machine, plotter and other equipment as necessary.
Environmental Conditions: Indoor climate-controlled environment; frequent exposure to outdoor climate. Moderate to quite noise level.
GSC Architects is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. GSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.