An exciting opportunity to be a strategic and influential player for Human Resources in a growing contractor in Lancaster, PA! Gallagher CRS is seeking a Human Resources Manager to lead a team for a reputable construction company in the Lancaster, PA area.
The Human Resources Manager serves as a partner to the management team and as a resource to senior leadership to develop and ensure consistent implementation of HR best practices across the company and align all HR initiatives with business and strategic goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Oversee and manage all aspects of performance management, benefits administration, recruiting and retention, employee relations, and employee development.
• Work closely with the management team and senior leadership to carry out company-wide strategic initiatives and business objectives.
• Work closely with various departments to address employee and benefit related matters.
• Prepare and provide timely and relevant policies and procedures that support operations and overall company initiatives.
• Work closely with Operations to provide appropriate support and communication with employees.
• Oversee and develop the human resource team (including the Company Trainer)
• Promote the company’s core values and assist in leading culture change initiatives.
• Prepare and analyze information, as needed, to identify employee and benefit trends, creating action plans to address unfavorable trends.
• Lead performance management, career development, and succession planning initiatives, providing tools and best practices related to both areas; assist in the identification of talent gaps for critical/key contributor positions and propose solutions.
• Work with external counsel on HR and benefit legal matters, providing recommendations to senior leadership.
• Ensure compliance with all HR and benefit related rules and regulations.
• Prepare and present information as needed at Company training, group meetings, etc.
• Analyze market and competitive data and recommend compensation and benefits strategies that support overall business objectives.
• Prepare and manage HR and Training budgets.
• Handles prevailing wage related matters.
• Has direct responsibility for the supervision of the HR staff, including the Trainer. Delegates responsibilities to staff as appropriate.
• Works together with the Safety Department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a relevant discipline
• 6 or more years work experience in a senior HR role with demonstrated HR skills and understanding of key HR practices
• Experience working with management on talent attraction and retention initiatives in support of a fast-paced functional area
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
• Leading a team that interacts in collaboration with other departments to achieve goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Applying the principles of effective human relations and culture change
• Ability to solve problems and make decisions
• Must being organized, able to multi-task, and prioritize work
• Strong attention to detail and analytical ability
• Past experience in the construction industry
• Must be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) at all levels of employment within the company and with outside contacts such as potential employees, the general public and agencies, etc.
• Must be able to make presentations to individuals and groups.
• Must be a good listener.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALITIES
• Ability to take direction and listen to others.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Takes initiative; is a self-starter.
• Analytical and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Problem solver and seeks alternative solutions.
• Seeks challenges; accepts leadership and is responsive to others.