PHEAA's FedLoan Servicing team is seeking qualified candidates to help us make a difference in the lives of millions of students! It is our daily goal to meet our public service mission - creating affordable access to higher education. We take pride in educating borrowers on the long-term impact of student loan borrowing and the repayment options available to them!
This entry-level position will provide outstanding customer service to our borrowers who have student loans owned by the federal government. We ensure our team members are destined for success by offering a comprehensive training program created by our knowledgeable training staff. Our dedicated Call Center Representatives are able to answer all questions and provide a positive experience for our customers.
Here, at PHEAA, we value customer commitment, quality, accountability, development, leadership, and diversity.
SHIFT: Monday - Friday, 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
SALARY: $15.50/hour ($14.50 base rate with a $1 shift differential for shifts starting at/after 11:30 am)
We reward Loan Counselors' hard work and dedication, and their contributions to the Agency's public service mission. Regular increases are established for continued service as outlined below (includes shift differential).
- $16.00 - After completing six (6) months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
- $16.50 - After completing eighteen (18) months of continuous service since the most recent date of hire
- Call Center Representatives answer inbound calls handling a variety of complex account issues.
- Answer questions, identify the root cause of the call and research to resolve the customer inquiry upon first contact. Interactions with customers are based on federal regulations, PHEAA objectives, and department policies.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting online account issues and utilizing online tools that are available.
- Update customer and account information as needed.
- Process incoming correspondence, forms, or other documents received from customers.
- Counsel customers in achieving successful repayment of their student loans. This includes but is not limited to answering payment and billing inquiries, discussing repayment plan options and eligibility, payment alternatives, interest accrual, forgiveness programs, and consolidation.
- Handle difficult or escalated call types and assist with resolution.
- Will work with one or multiple customer support lines.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office
- Prior customer service experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must successfully complete a 6 week classroom training program which is a combination of lecture and practice on live customer accounts as well as performing account adjustments. Due to the amount and complexity of information, time off will not be permitted during the training period.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and perform in depth research while assisting the customer.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES APPLICANTS TO POSSESS U.S. CITIZENSHIP.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Associates degree and two years’ experience working in an administrative role providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate knowledge of Word and Microsoft Excel.
Additional Language Skills: Fluent Spanish
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)