A Travel Technology player founded in Asia but with customers globally, are seeking expert guidance and leadership in the further development of their business.
The Client requires the expert support, input and participation of international and domestic travel and technology professionals to supplement existing team members in support of accelerating the evolution and growth of The Client's business. This includes but is not limited to participation in all aspects of strategic, commercial, technological and operational execution of the business.
- Day-to-day management of all aspects of the business and the execution of the business plan, budget, key deliverables;
- Leading the company and ensuring all employees buy into the company vision;
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the company alongside the board;
- Planning and implementing long term business strategies to achieve the company’s objectives;
- Devising a 5-year plan and working with the board to oversee its implementation;
- Meeting with the leadership team on a regular basis to review the company’s performance;
- Interviewing for senior positions within the organization and signing off offers of employment;
- Managing the direction of the company and guiding senior members of the company;
- Working closely with the Sales Director on sales strategy and approach to winning new business;
- Speaking at events and exhibitions on behalf of the company;
- Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business;
- Implementing new processes and procedures across the business;
- Setting company-wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas;
- Reporting results to the shareholders on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Analyzing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability;
- Succession planning for senior members of the company to ensure all departments are managed continuously.
KEY PRIOR APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 15-years in leadership roles at companies developing B2B and B2C travel technology solutions;
- Track record in development and delivery of significant international travel technology products, preferably airline focused;
- Able to clearly identify strategic travel technology market developments, anticipate customer requirements and drive product and functionality development utilizing appropriate technological innovations, efficiently and cost effectively to meet client requirements;
- Proven capability in identifying project resourcing needs, securing necessary hiring approvals, then in co-ordination with assigned service providers, source and onboard a truly blended Local-International team capable of excelling in the delivery of the Clients objectives;
- Performance driven, accomplished in delivering customer growth, market share gains, achievement of profit, revenue and cost targets whilst managing a high performance, cross functional and multi-cultural team;
- Demonstrable record in delivering to demanding Profit & Loss & Cash flow targets, with clear experience in technology capital appraisal, investment and cost management;
- Strong background and technical capability in B2B technology development as well as consumer focused offerings, particularly high volume, low value transactions;
- Mandarin Chinese speaker with previous experience of delivery on the ground in Asia is preferred but not essential.
- Proven track record of successfully managing similar sized organizations.
- Target driven and results focused individual.
- Natural leader and motivator of people.
- Relevant Travel and Technology industry experience and knowledge of the target market.
- Preferable Airline Commercial and Operational Experience.