To provide expertise and analysis to employees and managers within the department while ensuring all work is completed to the highest standard. Works with minimum supervision.Utilizing team work, this position is responsible for leading, instructing and coordinating training and assigned projects under GP SBU management authorization. This includes but not limited to improving the quality, productivity, cost control, and positive employee relations using Company guidelines, GP SBU SOP’s and other strategies outlined by the Division.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management: Supports, trains, and monitors the Business Unit business processes. Utilizes section Hoshin, Company policy, SBU SOP’s and other approved documentation to communicate the department’s expectations and results.
- Process Standardization: Evaluates standardized work processes. Conducts problem solving activities within the department using PDCA format to help promote standardization across facilities.
- Communication Management: Coordinate and manage SBU initiated meetings such as VGP, Hoshin Summit and other monthly meetings. Communicate the deadline, consolidated presentation material and other miscellaneous event items that are necessary
- SBU Service: Ensures section stakeholder expectations are met. Responds promptly to issues within a specified timeframe.
- Reporting: Ensures reports are submitted to Management within the specified time frame and with accuracy.
- Budget Support: Support communicating, preparing, consolidating the section level material for SBU consolidated reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- May train and direct work for lower level employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach, climb use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, and frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee may be required long hours of sitting and staring at computer monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with an open office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Strong decision making skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and typically 3 – 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and have the ability to perform basic Internet research.
- Have advanced knowledge in TAI E1, Red Prairie, Integration Point, Active Orders, and Ship Navi
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to complete difficult assignments.
- Experience with leading projects consisting of 5-10 people, process improvements, creation of standardized work, an understanding of Problem-solving principles.
- Requires experience with navigating / troubleshooting within the TAI Enterprise E1, RP, Integration Point, Active Orders, Ship Navi system and able to train users when necessary
- Experience managing the projects for sections or SBU's to be able to contribute, facilitate and coordinate the due dates / tasks
- Experience with basic accounting and ability to understand P/L and B/S in order to be able to manage the budget at the SBU level as well as section level