Go Fish is seeking a summer intern to assist in a variety of roles, with a focus on website production. We're looking for self-starters who are passionate about the internet and digital media. Successful interns will be comfortable with HTML and hanging around big spreadsheets, efficient in communicating with all types of people, and able to work independently while being a part of a team.
We have a trusting and flexible work culture, but it comes with responsibility, so you'll need to be the type of worker who is disciplined enough to get things done without someone watching over your shoulder. We are looking for someone to bring great ideas to the table and be unafraid to ask questions.
- Support the website design and development team
- Migrate content (text, images, and videos) to build and format web pages
- Interlink pages across staging sites
- Document progress in change logs
- Do research to uncover opportunities
- Perform website analysis
- Think creatively and analytically
- Assist with research for creative content campaigns
- Draft blog copy for creative campaigns
- Perform audits to identify untapped opportunities
- Junior or senior at a four-year university
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Excel (and its Google counterpart, Sheets)
- Proficient in basic HTML
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS
- Understanding of web best practices
- Strong, clear writing skills
- The capability to work well with a team
- Strong problem solving skills - if you don't know something but a client needs it, you will do everything you can to quickly figure it out
- Demonstrable technical and analytical skills
- Readiness to try new things
- Certified in Google Analytics
- An eye for web design
- Familiarity with SEO tools like SEMRush, SpyFu, Raven, etc.
- The ability to turn analysis into a deliverable that a non-technical person can understand
HOURS, LOCATION, & PAY
Applicants must be available for 12 weeks or longer during the summer, and should expect to work at least 15 hours per week. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Raleigh, just above Isaac Hunter's Tavern. We offer a flexible work schedule, so you will work both remote (home, coffee shop, etc) and in the office with the rest of the team.
Interns will be paid hourly at a competitive rate commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Your resume
- A short cover letter - no more than one page. This is extremely important, as you will not be considered without it. (If the website you're using to apply doesn't allow you to attach a separate cover letter, combine it with your resume into a single document.)
Use your cover letter to tell us why you're the best fit for this internship position. This should not be a stiff, boilerplate piece of writing - have fun with it! We'll read your cover letter first, so really let it showcase your personality and strengths. Be real, be yourself, and make us want to learn more about you. Seriously, we eliminate any applicant who doesn't follow these cover letter instructions - it shows you can follow directions and have read all the way to the bottom. ☺