DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL OPENINGS AVAILABLE!
SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Be You, Be the Arc. Bring your kindness, bring your compassion, bring your diversity. Create a rewarding career at The Arc of Monroe by empowering and supporting people with I/DD to live fulfilling lives and create opportunities for independence and inclusion.
No experience needed, just the desire to have fun, build relationships, and enrich the lives of people with disabilities! We provide all education and training!
Locations for full-time staff in and around Rochester, NY, including Henrietta, Fairport and Brighton.
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL BENEFIT OFFERINGS:
- Health Insurance with agency contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Advancement opportunities available with DSP Credentialing course
- Employer Paid term life insurance
- Retirement plan with Agency match
- Tuition Reimbursement & Employee Referral Bonus
- $500.00 SIGN ON BONUS for all Direct Support Professional’s hired into Day Services ($250 upon completion of 6 months of successful employment, and $250 upon completion of one year of successful employment).
- Empower people to make their own choices while providing as little support as necessary to create opportunities for independence
- Be a role model for making safe and healthy lifestyle choices
- Inspire someone to have fun with art, music, cooking, or their favorite activity
- Play basketball, go for a walk, challenge someone to a game of cards
- Explore parks, museums, concerts, sporting events within the community
- Grow positive relationships with families or guardians, and be their go-to contact
- Assist with personal care, hygiene, and daily living skills
- Attend to medical needs, including transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
- High School diploma/G.E.D.
- Valid NYS driver’s license with reliable transportation to and from work
- Excellent communications skills
- History of smiling, helping and actively supporting people in and out of wheelchairs or transportation
You would be a good fit if your background includes Human Services, Teaching Assistant, Paraprofessional, Personal Care Aide, Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Customer Service, being collaborative, empathetic and caring.
VIEW THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE WHY PEOPLE WORK FOR THE ARC OF MONROE AS A DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL.