Physical Security Screening and Access Control Services: Services for Physical Screening and Access Control services include providing facility access 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Physical monitoring of entrances must be maintained at all times as defined in the PWS.
- Provide access control to DoD CAF controlled facility.
- Operate and review items scanned in X-Ray machines.
- Operate Mantraps/Portals and Walk-Thru Metal Detectors (WRMD).
- Personnel and package inspections; conduct personnel and package inspections as authorized by law and described in applicable General and Post Orders.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Must be a high school/GED graduate, and have at least two (2) years of Security experience utilizing the following equipment; Metal Detection equipment, X-Ray equipment and Advanced Imaging Technology equipment while demonstrating;
- The ability to effectively interact with the general public, DoD personnel and all ranks of military, civilians and visitors.
- Be able to read and understand the English language to effectively carry out applied printed rules, detailed orders, instructions, and training materials. Have a command of both the written and spoken English language to properly and clearly communicate in person or via electronic devices (telephone and radio) with co-workers and the general public.
- The ability to maintain a professional, tactful and courteous demeanor under stressful situations security personnel routinely encounter.
- Be able to compose in the English language precise short paragraphs, written reports, and other reports as necessary.
- Must be eligible for and, subsequently be issued a building pass (DD Form 1466) (application DD Form 2249) and Department of Defense (DoD) Contractor Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.