Our team is made up of more than 20,000 employees in 18 countries. Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. We believe that every person can make a difference. If you are looking to make a real impact in your career, OSI is the place for you.
Why join us?
In addition to the benefits you’d expect from an industry leader (401K, PTO, etc.) we also offer:
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
- Make a difference - We are proud to be partner with the Help Feed American Families Company, suppling food to non-profit organizations
Responsible for supervising employees and activities required for the safe and efficient production of a wide range of products in compliance with company, customer and government requirements.
- Plan the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets as agreed with Production Management
- Document daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness and work with staff from both Operations and Maintenance to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, request, and ensure equipment maintenance and repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all problem solving situations to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety, quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of frequently changing circumstances.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications; specifically using Word to create and modify documents, Excel to record data and calculate results, and Outlook to communicate internally and externally
- Four year college degree in business management, production operations management, agricultural science, food science or equivalent communication and analytical ability acquired through work experience.
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.