This position is responsible for safely and efficiently executing jobs at assigned sites. This includes the planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing of jobs. This position will be accountable for delivering and maintaining high standards of customer service through both customer interface and business operations. This role is also responsible for positioning their field employees for success and upholding MPW Values of safety, innovation, and service.
Understand, commit and drive MPW’s safety program to ensure employee understanding, safety and compliance. Including but not limited to:
- Lead by example, think critically
- Promote and follow safety procedures/policies
- Conduct safety inspections and observations on the job site
- Evaluate employee fitness for duty on a daily basis.
- Conduct job safety analysis (JSA) prior to start of any work activity.
- Communicate all hazards to your crew members.
- Conducts toolbox safety talks with crew members prior to each job.
Routinely train and positively coach employees to improve performance.
Resolves conflicts and initiates disciplinary action of employees when appropriate.
Supervise multiple job sites and/or crew leaders. Assign work activities based on skill level and proficiency.
Complete and review work orders with the customer, and forward to administrative team on a daily basis.
Ensures good on-site customer relations by responding to customer needs and coordinating with Field Superintendent, Branch Manager, and/or MPW Sales person.
Communicates special on-site job requirements through Dispatch or Branch/Operations Managers.
Be able to serve in any operational role as needed.
- Assist with employee performance reviews.
- Promote employee development and engagement.
- Ability to multitask and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to adapt to rapid response business model.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and company property
- Occasionally participate in interviewing candidates.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- High School education or equivalent is preferred.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license. Commercial Driver’s License a plus.
- Expert-level OSHA 10 Standards. OSHA 30 preferred but not required.
- Specific exposure in maintenance systems including Power Generation Processors, Steel Mills, Pulp and Paper Mills and a variety of manufacturing facilities is a plus.
- Understanding and knowledge of mechanical concepts and applications. Including but not limited to: vacuuming, water blasting, hydro-excavation, etc.
- Ability to actively listen.
- Ability to professionally interact with others.
- 1 year experience as an MPW Technician, Operator or Crew Leader
2-3 years of similar industry experience