Build your career with TruTeam, a TopBuild company. TopBuild Corp. (NYSE: BLD) is the leading installer and distributor of insulation products to the United States construction industry, based on revenue. We provide insulation services nationwide through TruTeam®, which has over 215 branches, and distribute insulation through Service Partners®, which has over 75 branches. TopBuild Home Services’ Environments for Living® program, is committed to helping builders construct high performance homes that are energy efficient, durable, and safe. TopBuild’s corporate headquarters is located in Daytona Beach, FL.
OUR CORE VALUES: Safety - Integrity - Diversity - Customer Focus - Continuous Improvement - Innovation - High Performance Teams
Responsible for managing a geographic territory and soliciting all opportunities to offer TruTeam products and services to General Contractors, Home Builders, Remodelers and Consumers with projects in the defined territory; while articulating the TruTeam value proposition to these potential clients. Additionally, TruTeam will have already established clients in the territory, and the Sales Consultant will be responsible for developing and cultivating relationships with these, and potential clients.
- Recommends products, materials and services based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Capable of identifying prospective customers and consistently follows up on leads from existing as well as potential clients.
- Uses Time and Territory Management, Sales and Sales Development skills trained by TruTeam to deliver the TruTeam Value Proposition and secure a “relationship” with new and existing clients.
- Meets division expectations for closing sales ratios.
- Provides product knowledge and expertise to current and potential customers.
- Monitors market conditions, product innovations and competitors’ products, prices and sales.
- Works majority of time outside of the office conducting sales calls, providing proposals, generating new business leads, account management
- Communicate company safety program to customers at the inception of contact or sale by inspecting job sites to identify any safety concerns
- Manages customer experience from initial sale to project completion, including incoming phone calls and walk-ins requesting sales information
- Supervisory or Management Responsibility - Not responsible for supervising (hiring, firing, performance reviews or corrective action) others.
- Budget Responsibility – Responsible for meeting sales and direct margin budget expectations
- Decision-Making Level and Scope - Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a division/department. May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the division/department.
- Independence of Action – Partner with Division Manager (or Sales Manager, if applicable) to set goals to achieve budgetary expectations for sales and direct margin with defined measures and metrics around quote activity follow-up and close ratio.
- Any other duty, task or responsibility as assigned.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum Degree: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Course of study: Construction science or marketing
- Special Certification or Licensing: Must have a valid Driver’s License. Must be able to pass CBC (Criminal Background Check) and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report).
- Obtain applicable certifications/licenses as required.
- Special Requirements: Prior industry sales experience a plus.
LEGAL AGE REQUIREMENTS: At least 18 years of age
Type of Travel Required: Local
Amount of Travel Required: >50%
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Requires the safe usage of ladders
- Work is performed at installation sites - may require climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, crawling, bending, lifting, driving a car or truck and sitting and standing for long periods of time. .
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. Noise levels are moderate.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. or less
TopBuild Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. EOE Protected Veterans/Disability.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to perform complex calculations, capable of performing “what if” analyses.
- Ability to create and modify complex quotes for large projects.
- Proficient in Office Software (word processing, spreadsheets, database & presentation software.)
- Knowledgeable of ERP applications (preferably Oracle).
- Strong presentation, project management and time management skills
- Must possess computer skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to grow and maintain external customer account relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of understanding and reading blueprints, as needed
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organized
- Relationship Builder
- Accountability and Results Focused
Minimum experience: 3 + years in sales
Required Industry Experience (Construction, Insulation, Trades, etc.)