Halcyon Financial Technology provides information technology solutions to private equity, hedge fund, investment management firms, and family offices. We are a technology company led by technologists, serving firms with a collective AUM of more than $195 billion.
We strive to provide excellent client service at every level and in every interaction. We take client service so seriously that client satisfaction is the one and only SLA we guarantee to our clients.
We work as a team to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. We never settle for the easiest or quickest solution. Instead, we seek out the best long-term solution for our clients. We never get bored. We never slow down. There is a sense of urgency in everything we do. Our clients expect more. We deliver more.
HalcyonFT is Excellence in IT.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to handle various problems with expertise and exceptional judgment while working with end-users at the highest level within organizations. This role can evolve into a Systems Administration role with hands-on training and education.
- Provide high quality, executive level user support to our financial services clients
- Monitor and support modern cloud systems and infrastructure such as Microsoft Office 365, Azure, and Cisco Meraki
- Design, implement, document and maintain clients' infrastructure, applications, and system management tools
- Assist with maintaining clients' cybersecurity, cloud, and high availability strategies
- Determine client's requirements and system design specifications
- Work closely with third party service providers to monitor systems and resolve issues
CLIENT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers needing technical assistance over the phone, by email, or in-person
- Support daily operations on site and remotely; perform IT work at clients' homes as needed
- Deliver the highest-quality support to clients
- Build and maintain trust and rapport with clients
- Translate complex technical solutions to end users and decision makers
- Available to be on call to respond to clients' requests for support or issues with the clients' infrastructure
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to client and HalcyonFT procedures
- Direct and delegate work among team members
- Willing and eager to help other team members
- Collaboration – know when to lead, know when to follow
- Cultivate an environment of ongoing learning and professional development
- Minimum of 5 years of recent end-user technical support experience, including a minimum of 2 years providing support to executive level users
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in desktop technologies: Windows, MS Office, Anti-malware, and desktop phone configuration. Including advanced troubleshooting of Word, Excel, and Outlook including mailbox sharing, permissions, delegates, and public folders
- Minimum of 2 years of experience implementing and supporting networks including switches, firewalls and a good knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in configuring and supporting mobile devices and applications utilizing MDM and MFA technologies
- Minimum of 1 year of experience of basic cybersecurity tools and best practices, including next-generation antivirus, endpoint protection, DLP solutions, and disk encryption, SSO and MFA
- Must have certification in one of the following or be willing to obtain within 6 months of employment: Cisco Meraki, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, MCSA or MCSE
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations
- Education: High school degree
- Strong understanding of market data – Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Factset, etc. Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- Education: College degree
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR HALCYON
- Exposure to cloud technologies such as Office 365, Azure, Dropbox, Box, Salesforce, and Slack
- Opportunities to work with leading-edge hardware such as Nutanix and Cisco Meraki
- Part of a team of senior technicians that aim to deliver exceptional service
- Generous compensation
- Best-in-class benefits: medical, dental, and time off
- Quarterly bonus
- Opportunities to earn technical certifications
- 1% of profits contributed to non-profits every quarter