PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students, and increased use of health and dietary practices, empower women etc.
In line with programmes objectives, growth and sustainability, PCI wishes to attract talents and professionals to help run the programme.
Operations Manager (OPSM) will oversee the finance and operations functions of PCI in Mara region, including finances, administration, logistics, information technology and human resources. The OPSM is responsible for ensuring the consistent stewardship of PCI resources and ensure adherence to all regulations while creating an environment for smooth, efficient, and compliant operations in the Musoma, Bunda and Butiama offices. OPSM WILL REPORT TO THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION (IN DAR) AND WILL PARTNER AND COORDINATE CLOSELY WITH THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR IN MUSOMA
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting, financial management, business management or a related field coupled with experience in similar position.
- Candidates with an MBA, MSc, MA, plus professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, and or CIMA will have added advantage.
- Knowledge of the US Government and other development donors funding rules and regulations is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of senior management experience with organization with operations/budget in excess of $3 million a year and over 50 employees, preferably with a non-profit agency.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, experience in using ACCPAC package is a plus
- Excellent competencies in MS office tools, especially EXCEL and proven competencies in project budget management and monitoring of financial expenses.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse back ground and culture
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of clear way forward and ensuring buy in highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Experience of developing and building capacity of staff at the regional finance function.
- Motivate staff and develop relationships with peers, executives and clients through effective communication skills
- Good command of English and Swahili languages oral and written skills.
- Experience and ability to think strategically and build effective tools and processes.
- Availability to travel 10-15% of the time
- Willingness to live in Musoma
KEY DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
STAFF MANAGEMENT, MENTORSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT
- Managing the regional finance, administration team; defining expectations, providing leadership and technical support as needed and evaluating direct reports regularly.
- Being responsible for the recruitment, training and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensuring availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Managing the performance of all staff in the finance and support services areas through staff development strategies and performance management system. Establishing results-based system and follow up.
- In coordination with the financial director and the program and finance teams, contributes to the preparation of the annual, quarterly and monthly operational plans to support the programs and projects to meet their objectives.
- Supports all audits of programs and finances.
- Supports operations to meet the budget and other financial goals, including the supervision of administrative expenses related to the office.
- Oversee the petty cash management by Finance Associate/Assistant.
- Oversee and review payment requests and petty cash vouchers.
- Ensure vendor payments are processed in a timely and organized manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Oversee payments of various participants allowances into various trainings/meetings/workshops/warehouse activities by ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
- Institute a risk mitigation towards ghost payments in the field by establishing spot checks of all field-based payments.
- Manage the accounting register and day to day accounting functions for financial operations for PCI/Tanzania.
- Monitor the correct use of PCI funds to the corresponding accounts.
- Assist with development and production of financial reports.
- Maintain updated, organized, secure filing and storage of financial documents.
- Ensure financial transactions are executed in compliance with policies, regulations and procedures of PCI and the donor agencies.
- Prepare monthly receipts and expenses to be submitted to PCI/Tanzania Country Office in Dar es Salaam.
- Monitor cash flow and bank balances for PCI bank and MPESA accounts at the Musoma office.
- Ensure documentation of all financial transactions are accurate, complete, logical, and transparent.
- Ensure financial controls are implemented in compliance with PCI and donor policies and regulations and under guidance of the Finance & Administration Director and the Country Director.
- Per the travel policy, monitor and ensure the timely reconciliation of staff and activity advances.
- Submit periodic reports and supporting documents to Country Office as required.
- Assist the Program Director and Sector Coordinators in receiving, reviewing and utilizing the monthly and quarterly financial analysis reports.
- Supervise and ensure compliance with the policies and manuals applicable to the procurement processes of goods and services.
- Responsible for the review of contracts between service providers and goods subscribed by PCI.
- Draft and / or review all contracts with suppliers, consultants, independent contractors, to ensure compliance with PCI policies and local laws.
- Supervises the actions and activities of the purchasing office.
ADMINISTRATION / IT
- Supervise all PCI facilities (offices and warehouses), making sure that contracts are up to date and that security needs are being met, that the management of the building's facilities is in accordance with the cleaning, maintenance, and maintenance needs. and security of it.
- Coordinate the supply of office services and supplies, equipment, furniture and other related needs.
- Oversee the IT functions in the Musoma office by ensuring all users understand and comply with PCI IT policy.
- Oversee the fleet management (including the PCI garage facility) functions in the Musoma office by ensuring the administration and logistics officers managing the function as per the policy.
- Provide an oversight function on Human resources portfolio at Mara region
- Update and report to the HR Manager personnel related issues on weekly basis
- Supervise the senior HR & Admin to ensure she is in charge of HR issues at Mara region.
LIAISON WITH EXTERNAL INSTITUTIONS
- Facilitate bank transactions including cash withdrawals and deposits, collection of bank statements, facilitation of official communication between PCI and bank(s).
- Provide other support and execute additional tasks as needed for the Director of Finance & Administration, Program Director and the Country Director when necessary.
- Works efficiently & effectively with a commitment to quality
- Builds relationships and creates an enabling environment for teamwork
- Sound judgment
- Demonstrates adaptability
- Problem solving
- Creative and technical skilled
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a detailed CV together with copies of relevant testimonials and cover letter
A first review of candidates will happen after MARCH 12TH, 2019
PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage women to apply.
Only Successful Candidate will be contacted