Primary purpose is to work as a team member to plan, organize and the direct the overall activities of the Maintenance department, reporting directly to the Vice President of Facilities & Engineering. To ensure the facility maintains itself within all governing regulations and ensures a very high level of customer satisfaction and facility robustness and redundancy.
- Understands ESPC Mission and Core Values and incorporates values into daily practice.
- Continually strive to improve the organization’s systems and/or services.
- Make decisions as a team to fulfill our mission, share recognition, and learn from failures.
- Treat every resident, family member, and co-worker with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Maintenance Department, its programs and activities.
- Take direct responsibility for diagnosis and repair of electrical, plumbing, mechanical and architectural systems.
- Develops preventative maintenance tasks on plant and building equipment. Implements the preventive maintenance system and tracks and trends work orders in order to meet the needs of the facility.
- Maintains equipment and testing protocols to at the least the minimum standards for which the authority having jurisdiction requires. This would include NY and Westchester DOH, Yonkers Building Department, NY State Code, OSHA, EPA and others that are applicable.
- Takes direct responsibility for the Engineering Department staffing. Works with Human Resources as necessary to ensure equitable standards are maintained and staffing levels are adequate to meet the organizational needs.
- Develops long term redundancy and disaster protocols’ to ensure and maximize self-sufficiency during equipment disruptions’ and down times.
- Supervise the day to day function of the maintenance department.
- Conduct monthly environmental rounds of the facility including grounds and all areas. Prepare reports concerning the rounds for presentation.
- Ensure staff are performing assigned tasks in accordance with proper maintenance and code standards
- Develop and provide regular training sessions for staff at a minimum monthly basis.
- Ensure that adequate levels of supplies are available so the department can perform maintenance functions with delay for supplies.
- Develop and Maintain Policy and Procedure as required for various departmental activities as needed. Manual should be updated and singed off by VPSS each year
- Prepare reports for Safety Committee indicating activities related to code compliance and operational statistics
- Regularly monitor utilities and make recommendations for reliability, redundancy and cost savings.
- Conduct annual performance evaluation and annual competencies on all employees.
EDUCATION AND LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years related experience minimum, preferably in a healthcare environment