Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire an entry level SOFTWARE ENGINEER (SESSION MANAGEMENT FUNCTION) to join as member of our cloud native and webscale 5G SMF product team based in Andover, MA, USA, which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, and debug high performance, robust software for high performance cloud native and webscale 5G core products.
- Monitor work against the product delivery schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to manager on a regular basis.
- Responsible for work quality; ensure your work meets the technical standards for all Casa Systems 5G product portfolio.
- Write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation to support work designed and developed.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering, or related fields.
- 2+ to 5 years related software development engineering experience in the telecom network industry or data center cloud applications development is required.
- Proficiency in one of the following: C, C++, Golang is required.
- Experience programming in Python, JAVA or other high level language a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with 3GPP protocols in EPC/5G a plus.
- Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a team oriented, fast-pace environment.
- Problem solver – Able to be resourceful and “figure things out.”
- Self-confident – Able to express opinions effectively.
- Professional demeanor.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).