Excellent opportunity to be a part of the team at the new state of the art military hospital at Ft Bliss, TX. Seeking 5 Subject Matter Experts: Mechanical, Main Plant, Electrical, Low Voltage & Electronics, Technical/Clinical Processes - Team Leader.
TECHNICAL/CLINICAL PROCESSES SME
Serve as SME Team Leader overseeing day-to-day activities for all SME’s, ensuring that each SME fulfills his/her contractual obligations. Manage and direct all facilities, engineering, and maintenance transition requirements between WBAMC and New Bliss Replacement Hospital. Survey and maintain full-time presence in Replacement Hospital observing all Building Systems in-progress construction activities through and beyond scheduled First Patient Day, as necessary.
Develop preliminary documentation required by The Joint Commission (TJC) defined in 2020 Edition of Hospital Accreditation Standards related to facilities, engineering, building operations and maintenance. Develop preliminary O & M documentation templates for TJC Elements of Performance: Life Safety (LS), Environment of Care (EC), Infection Control (IC), and Emergency Management (EM). Develop preliminary templates for New Hospital Management Plans for Utility Systems, Fire Safety, and applicable portions of the future Emergency Operations Plan. Coordinate the documentation for initial start-up of building systems and required testing for initial TJC Accreditation survey.
Survey and acquire expert knowledge of all building and utilities infrastructure and systems per 2015 Edition of NFPA 99. Develop comprehensive Clinical Risk Assessment carefully establishing where equipment shall be inserted into specific categories based on risks to patient care. Develop templates for Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments between facilities/engineering/maintenance and operations with impacted clinical operations, to include infection control risks. Assessments include Utility Failures, Disruptions, and Emergency Response; Interim Life Safety Policy; critical and non-critical Areas – pressure relationships, filtration, air exchanges, temperature and humidity.
Analyze, review, and assess overall USACE Commissioning Plans for weaknesses and/or deficiencies. Assess commissioning in-progress data. Collaborate with Commissioning Agent and engage with all commissioning stakeholders. Review all building systems-related design plans, as-built drawings, Operation and Maintenance manuals. Participate all O&M training as it relates to building systems. Witness, document, and coordinate all building system equipment/systems startup and checkout procedures performed by the General Contractor. Review pre-functional checklists.
· 15 years’ exp working in a Hospital/Healthcare facility serving as a provider, supervisor, director, and/or administrator in a patient care setting in both critical and non-critical care environments
· 10 years’ working in all activities associated with healthcare facilities management programs. Includes Hospital job site project management, technical design review, quality control, clinical coordination and planning, and development of both technical and clinical risk assessments
· 2+ years’ experience in management role overseeing Hospital/Healthcare building Operations and Maintenance Program
· Demonstrated expert and applicable knowledge of criteria specified in Latest Edition of The Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation Standards – Chapters Environment of Care, Life Safety, Infection Control, and Emergency Management; UFC 4-510-01; ASHE Publication – FGI Guidelines for Design and Construction of Health Care Facilities, 2014 Edition; and Latest Edition of ASHRAE Standard 170
· 15+ years’ direct experience participating in and preparing for triennial Joint Commission Accreditation Surveys, from both clinical and engineering perspectives
· 10+ years’ experience developing, managing, and executing minor and major maintenance & repair projects; renewal projects; and new construction projects in an occupied Hospital/Healthcare setting
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organization, planning and time management habits
· Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook; Adobe Acrobat; knowledgeable of Internet usage
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
HFS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proud to be a Service Disabled Veteran and Woman Owned Small Business. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package including $1000 per year for professional development and a fully-vested 5% 401k match after one year. We offer generous PTO, paid holidays and various insurance plans. We invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your credentials.