Under general supervision, responsible for completing complex service requests per user specifications, and leading the design and implementation of analytics.
- Reviews business requirements with business partners to identify gaps which may result in a new committed due date.
- Identifies the most appropriate tool for the job, which includes SQL Script, Excel, SSRS or Tableau.
- Documents requirements to ensure traceability throughout the development process.
- Identifies technical requirements and determines resources required.
- Negotiates project scope and communicates risk of scope creep which results in missing deadline.
- Sets expectations with business users around user acceptance testing and design review.
- Performs and participates in peer review; identifies issues and escalates to management.
- Reviews incidents to determine root cause; develops and documents solution and submits for review; follows up with requester to ensure incidents were resolved.
- Monitors report usage statistics, and makes recommendations for sunsetting.
- Participates in the work stream planning process.
- Completes assigned projects, including but not limited to writing SQL scripts, generating dashboards and designing SSRS reports.
- Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Produces the appropriate amount of work.
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures to learn.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Knows the most effective and efficient process to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong skills in dashboard development, including but not limited to the ability to create meaningful dashboards to customers’ satisfaction.
- Strong skills in SQL Query development, including but not limited to the ability to write SQL scripts for testing, reports, and Tableau data connections and others as required.
- Strong programming skills, including but not limited to writing application to extract data per State and federal regulatory requirements.
- Strong skills in report development with ability to develop reports in SSRS, Business Objects, or equivalent tool.
- Strong skills in data visualization tools, including but not limited to the ability to create ad-hoc data connections, developed dashboards, and create data blending
- Strong documentation skills, including but not limited to the ability to capture requirements and technical specifications using IEEE or similar standards.
- In-depth knowledge of and strong skills in test frameworks, including but not limited to unit, integration and regression testing.
- Interpersonal skills - interacts effectively with individuals both inside and outside of HPSJ; relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences, and write technical specifications.
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to accurately receive and understand messages.
- Demonstrates a commitment to HPSJ’s strategy, vision, mission and values.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective action plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- Time management and organizational skills. Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Can attend to a broader range of activities. Meets deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate skills in Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts, such as Inmon or Kimball with the ability to assist in developing an enterprise data warehouse
- Knowledge of healthcare specific hardware and software with the ability to extract data from the healthcare system for reporting
- Knowledge of QNXT claims payment system with the ability to extract data for reporting
- Skills in Visio or other flow chart/diagramming software, with ability to create data/process flow diagrams from business requirements
- Knowledge of ETL development environments such as Informatica, MS SSIS, and Pentaho, with ability to extract, transform, and load data from source system to enterprise data warehouse
- Advanced skills in Excel, including but not limited to the ability to create complex formulas
- Skills in Agile Scrum development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information System, Computer Information System; or related field; and
- At least six years working in an environment delivering business intelligence artifacts; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Experience in healthcare and/or managed care.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION
- MSCE Business Intelligence