PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH's Noncommunicable Diseases (NCD) Program is an exciting program at PATH that has been growing steadily and gaining momentum since 2013 (https://www.path.org/programs/noncommunicable-diseases/). Our goal is to improve access to prevention, screening, and care for NCDs and we target diabetes, hypertension, breast, and cervical cancers.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Supply Chain Officer. The successful candidate will be a self-driven, supply chain professional who wants to elevate PATH’s contribution toward strengthening supply security in low and middle income countries. In addition to bringing impact to the Access Accelerated project, you will also be a strong collaborator supporting PATH in their role as secretariat to The Coalition for Access to NCD medicines and products.
- Lead execution of NCD programming relevant to access to affordable NCD medicines and products as a key pillar of the PATH NCD Strategy.
- Provide procurement and supply chain technical leadership to the PATH NCD teams globally and stakeholders at sub-national, national and regional levels.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance to national, regional and global stakeholders including government representatives.
- Provide project implementation and technical oversight at global, national and sub-national levels.
- Design and lead multi-country diagnostic assessments in collaboration with multi-sectoral stakeholders from countries of all income levels and design and implement data-driven solutions that are feasible and actionable.
- Author and prepare reports and peer-reviewed manuscripts for dissemination and publication.
- Provide adhoc technical guidance and support to the Coalition for Access to NCD Medicines and Products as part of PATHs role as secretariat.
- Represent PATH NCD Program at supply chain conferences and technical meetings.
- Respond to related RFPs and take initiative to identify and realize business development opportunities for expanding the NCD Program portfolio relevant to access to medicines and products.
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, public health, project management, business administration or a related field. Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or other relevant field with a minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience and a proven track record of success
- End-to-end supply chain experience in the healthcare industry including local supply chain diagnostic assessments and collaboration to design solutions that are actionable and fit for purpose
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and visualization to engage stakeholders in designing short and long-term solutions towards greater availability and affordability of NCD medicines and products
- Business development/proposal development experience preferred
- Solid technical knowledge of diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease – preferred
- Proven program management track record that demonstrates leadership skills, project management skills, resourcefulness, initiative, and budget and resource management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in collaborating with stakeholders across sectors – government, non-profit and industry partners, and public health professionals in multiple countries of varying income levels however, low and middle income country experience is mandatory
- Persuasive and highly articulate communicator with excellent public speaking skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently
*LOCATION: DC, OTHER LOCATIONS CONSIDERED WITH ABILITY TO TRAVEL TO DC REGULARLY
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
_PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.