The Publisher is responsible for ensuring that the tone, voice and brand of the publication(s) is a reflection of target audience needs and desires. The Publisher delegates the tasks and assignments of the Editorial Manager ensuring that the Editorial Team is equipped with the resources and support needed to execute their responsibilities on time, to the highest of journalistic standards and within budget parameters. The Publisher may make recommendations to the VP of Content with regard to the improvement of profitability and the cost of print production. Working alongside the Design Team, Editorial Team and Digital Team, the Publisher is responsible for establishing the direction and execution of the Editorial Calendar year over year. The Publisher regularly attends events aimed at exposing the publication to a wider audience in an effort to increase brand awareness, stewardship, exposure and audience reach. When appropriate, the Publisher will attend speaking engagements and make appearances on behalf of the publication and its mission and purpose.
PRINT / DISTRIBUTION
• Oversee all aspects of Editorial, Circulation, Digital Content and Social Media Marketing departments including team management
• Directly responsible for managing the day to day publication operations.
• Cultivate and nurture relationships with printing and distribution partners to ensure print deadlines are met for on-time print and delivery
• Build and manage Editorial, Print and Digital budgets that include travel, freelance writers, investigative journalists, regional magazine print specs and distribution.
• Create and prioritize the production schedule for Editorial, Graphic Design and National Sales Director to ensure that assets, articles and graphics are uploaded into the flat-plan in a timely manner to meet print deadlines.
• Drive the direction of the magazine by facilitating pitch meetings for content, cover stories and online articles
• Successfully collaborate with all departments through clear and open communication
• Actualize the company’s attendance at external events which includes organizing meet-ups for essential connections to continue driving content and ad revenue.
• Work directly with the creative team to prioritize projects, then determine and meet identified deadlines
• Project management of most requests outside of magazine through Monday.com to streamline and organize project details and task out to designers
• Liaison between other departments and the creative team to ensure deadlines are adhered to and communicate when they are unable to meet them
• Ensure that production schedules are met for print magazine and proper communication has been sent to the printer with completed files
• Work closely with Social Media Coordinator to determine weekly curated content from print and online articles as well as in-house videos.
• Assist with content and execution of marketing for events
• Oversee project management always ensuring that the process is streamlined and improving
• Responsible for ensuring the delivery of paid advertisement and assisting in communication when needed with sales reps for assets from clients
• Strategize with coordinator to build an organic audience to our various platforms using analytics to guide the decisions made
Qualifications null Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.