This position is responsible for planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. The nurse will plan, direct and carry out shift routines in assigned nursing unit / to assigned residents. Responsibilities may include:
CLINICAL PROCESSES & PROCEDURES
- Ensure that resident’s charts are updated and free of errors.
- Openly communicate with the Medical Director and DON relating to resident diagnoses
and treatment plans.
- Collaborate with the clinical team in establishing a treatment plan.
- Provide direct resident care following the treatment plan, this may include tasks such as administering medication, etc.
- Makes walking rounds between shifts and whenever necessary to supervise and monitor work performance in terms of resident care, staff regulations and efficiency of service.
- Report occupational exposures to needle sticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Participates in all inspections of nursing care by outside agencies.
- Complete all documentation as recommended by Federal and State Guidelines.
- Ensure that reportable events are communicated in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that nursing notes are informative and complete regarding the cares and services provided to the resident.
- Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
- Attend nurses and team meetings as scheduled and/or assigned.
- Maintain professional relationships with physicians and other providers.
- Respond to all emergency situations within the facility.
- Promote rehabilitation nursing on the units.
- Perform physical and psychological nursing assessments on residents when necessary.
- Report all unusual circumstances that may involve the safety and well-being of the residents and staff directly to the DON.
Performs other duties as assigned.