Are you an accounting professional looking to work with a collaborative, mission-focused team? Are you looking to use your technical accounting knowledge and leadership experience for a greater purpose? If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
We are a dynamic workforce of more than 200 people strong, many of whom have a tenure of 10+ years with the agency. Come see why we’re one of Sacramento’s best places to work!
We are looking to hire a DIRECTOR OF FINANCE to lead our Accounting and Finance Department. This role will be a combination of hands-on, day-to-day accounting duties, financial statement preparation, managing and mentoring the accounting staff, and providing forward-looking financial information.
- Prepare accurate and timely accrual basis, GAAP financial statements monthly with reporting on budget-to-actual variances.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date financial records (including general ledger and sub-ledgers) are maintained on all accounting activities of the Agency.
- Supervise and provide mentorship and guidance to the accounting team of 2.
- Lead monthly Finance Committee meetings including presentation of financials to the Board of Directors.
- Negotiate and oversee financial relationships with lenders and banking institutions.
- Prepare budgets and budget revisions, including preparation of detailed schedules supporting budget line items.
- Review and approve staff time sheets, mileage sheets, petty cash vouchers, budget requests and related program expenses, keeping within budget limitations.
- Review Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate collections and payments.
- Manage the cash flow forecasting process including oversight of all bank transactions and monthly reconciliations for 10+ bank accounts.
- Ensure the Accounting Department is prepared for all audits and site visits conducted by funding oversight agencies and independent auditor(s).
- Responsible for the review and approval of the annual IRS Form 990.
- Act as a fiduciary to the profit-sharing plans and 401k administration.
- Develop, implement and update accounting and reporting systems in the Agency’s Procedures Manual.
- Occasional travel to other program sites and destinations when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Hands-on management experience with a strong understanding of the month-end close process
- Highly knowledgeable with US GAAP and other applicable accounting standards
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment (there a lot of moving parts and we need someone who can successfully juggle many projects at a given time)
- MBA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or other licenses is a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software (online or enterprise versions)
- Understanding / exposure to government contracts
- Prior experience in a nonprofit accounting environment (mental health setting highly desired)
This position reports directly to our CEO. We provide extensive leadership and professional development training, 401k with match, comprehensive health benefit plans, work-life balance, and ample vacation time! Compensation DOE.