Do you have a passion for mentoring and managing a team as well as overseeing projects? Seeking that balance between growing a team and growing your own acumen, in a large firm that supports your development and your work/life balance?
We’re looking for an experienced ARCHITECT II OR SENIOR ARCHITECT to join our Education team in our San Jose office.
The Education team work on various projects from K-12 to higher education.
If you love all phases of a project, from design to construction, and have a resilient passion for sustainability and ingenuity, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
AS THE ARCHITECT II OR SENIOR ARCHITECT, YOU WILL…
- Provide technical project direction for the project teams including oversight of the development and coordination of drawings and specifications, including consultant coordination of projects.
- Assist with the project and resource planning and in establishing project timelines and budgets.
- Develop solutions for design problems, including program compliance, code compliance, and agency interface.
- Be responsible for technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Support the project team during construction administration.
- Identify and address issues affecting project delivery, budget, construction costs, schedule, and any risk management issues for the Firm.
- Be responsible for completing and maintaining code review and analysis through the completion of the projects.
- Effectively work with the project team to address and find solutions for project-related issues and be actively involved with projects that are more complex in nature.
- Coordinate with the project team for completion of tasks consistent with project timelines and budgets.
- Manage potential client and consultant requested changes to scope of work; determines cause and effect to project budget and schedule on larger project.
- Ensure that our standards for design, quality control, and production are followed.
- Review and evaluate documents for accuracy and with the coordination the project teams.
- Participate in all phases of the design process and have the ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Perform complete quality control reviews as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of proposals with assistance of PIC and/or Studio Leader for projects.
- Be responsible for delegating tasks to staff as well as coaching and supporting staff’s professional development.
- Assist in the development of presentation materials to support project team’s design and marketing efforts.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Be detail-oriented, collaborative, and proactive in completing work accurately and meeting deadlines.
- Assist project team and market/studio leadership with other duties that may be assigned.
ARCHITECT II OR SENIOR ARCHITECT QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 8+ years architectural project experience
- Licensed architect
- Proficient with BIM/Revit software programs
- Prior experience with Higher Education projects
ARCHITECT II OR SENIOR ARCHITECT QUALIFICATIONS – NOT REQUIRED
Compensation DOE. We offer health benefits, competitive paid time off, 401(k) matching and eligibility for annual bonuses!