SUPPLY CHAIN INFORMATION SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
San Francisco, CA
Healthcare / Health Services
Materials Management - Supply Chain
Provides leadership and oversight to the Supply Chain Information Systems (SCIS) team, In conjunction with the Executive Director of Support Service & Supply Chain, Director of Procurement Services and other departmental management staff, defines and develops organizational strategy. This Team currently includes a Supply Chain Information Systems (SCIS) Administrator, a Business Intelligence Administrator, a Systems Analyst (Analyst III) and a Contracts Analyst (Analyst II). This position falls under the Health Procurement Department and reports to the Director of Procurement Services.
Ensures that the AllScripts (formally McKesson PMM) Supply Chain Information Systems (SCIS) reliably operates, meets the needs of the users and complies with organizational strategy and direction of Supply Chain Management. Ensures timely response of service requests and conducts quality control database administration activities. Maintains liaison with Finance, IT, and other Medical Center departments regarding technology changes, updates and enhancements.
This position is responsible for the accurate pricing & appropriate markup of all Patient Chargeable Items that affect every patient bill that comes out of the EPIC Apex system. Develops quality assurance process for system management. Insures a high level of automation including automatic PO creation of over 90% of the purchase order lines. Acts as internal consultant to users of Supply Chain Management IS systems. Works closely with the Director of Procurement and provides the technical expertise to insure the continued success of the Supply Chain in a hospital environment.
5-7 years of recent experience working with procurement database, System Development Life Cycle, including Object Oriented design, development, testing, project management and support of mission critical enterprise applications
- Advanced experience in broad IT including working with interface management such as EPIC, Pyxis, PeopleSoft, General Ledger
- Ability to effectively manage operational and project budgets
- Successful history of working in and leading teams to meet business needs
- Demonstrated SQL / Proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of various areas of IT. Broad knowledge of the IT environment.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of a wide variety of tools and technologies and extensive knowledge in a subset of these skills,
- Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation. Advanced knowledge of secure software development. Demonstrated ability to create software specifications.
- Familiarity with logical data design and data mapping or data conversion.
- Knowledge of computer systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge, skills and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution. Knowledge necessary to design, set up, operate and correct malfunctions involving technology systems. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions.. Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs.
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of technology across various domains
- Demonstrated experience with database administration. Advanced knowledge of database management systems and standards. Knowledge relating to highly complex database system design. Advanced database querying and modeling skills working with moderately complex databases. Knowledge of conceptual database design. Skills necessary to develop procedures and standards relating to database management systems. Skills associated with implementing database enhancements that improve performance and reliability of the system at the software, hardware and operating system level.
- Advanced knowledge of technology across various domains, computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software. Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software and technology and trends . Demonstrated skill at analyzing and preventing security incidents of high complexity. Strong security skills for protecting the operating system, software, data and hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, concise yet comprehensive communication material
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions. Experience in data integration and the specification of data services. Ability to understand and model complex knowledge-intensive processes such as scholarly and research processes.
- Skillfully synthesizes large quantities of complex information under pressure. Distills it to the most critical issues and draws accurate conclusions, taking into account a high degree of uncertainty
- Experience relaying sensitive information to appropriate parties
- Keeps clients, superiors, peers, and direct reports updated based on their information needs
- Technical skill to develop, implement and test disaster recovery functions using backup technologies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Works independently and as part of a team with ability to enable changes in the business processes and ability to work cooperatively with all group. Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Ability to learn effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment in order to maximize time-management and efficiencies. Demonstrated skill leading technical teams, including organizing workflow and scheduling assignments. Ability to work independently on complex technical projects as well as on a team of technical professionals and departmental decision-makers.
- Experience leading others and providing constructive feedback
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Experienced with PATHWAYS MATERIALS MANAGEMENT (PMM)
Above Average compensation, excellent benefits, relocation available.
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally